Wiggle UK Free Delivery now £20 minimum spend

alex222
alex222 Posts: 598
edited April 2016 in Road buying advice
Just about to place an order and noticed Wiggle free delivery is £20 rather than the old £10.
Chain Reaction still at £9.
Is Wiggle to blame for this?

Comments

• As Wiggle now own CRC it won't be long before they follow suit.
  • Dodger747
    Dodger747 Posts: 305
    Until I moved to Belgium, I used to hate paying for delivery - but now, it doesn't bother me at all. I guess it's unsustainable to expect free postage [or the fee gets added on anyway by inflating the price].
    VO2 Max - 79 ml/kg/min
    W/kg - 4.9
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    As Wiggle now own CRC it won't be long before they follow suit.

Do they? The announcement was a merger intention, not that the sale was complete.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Think I noticed that Evans had recently increased the order value over which they do free delivery too. Once one starts I guess the competitors are likely to follow....

EDIT: Worse than I thought. Evans now £1.99 delivery charge up to order value of £39.99, although there is currently a promo code that offers free delivery on orders over £20. hmmmm.
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • londoncommuter
    londoncommuter Posts: 1,550
    Luv2ride wrote:
    Think I noticed that Evans had recently increased the order value over which they do free delivery too. Once one starts I guess the competitors are likely to follow....

EDIT: Worse than I thought. Evans now £1.99 delivery charge up to order value of £39.99, although there is currently a promo code that offers free delivery on orders over £20. hmmmm.

It's an interesting move and, like you say, if the others follow it's a win win for the retailers. Works especially well for Evans as even if you balk at the delivery cost you can get delivered to store so they still get the sale and just reduce their costs.

Not so sure about PlanetX with their scary £50 minimum. I've passed up on a few things at £20 I don't really need as I refuse to pay £4 postage so that's a genuine lost sale.
  • To be fair, it's rare any order I submit to Wiggle is under £20, let alone £10 so it probably won't affect me that much.
  • horizon
    horizon Posts: 91
    Even when you pay Wiggle to deliver, in my case for next day delivery, they still can't manage it - terrible service from courier DPD. Two weeks later I have no package and Wiggle not co-operating on a refund either. I fear my very long journey with them - since pre-internet days - is fast coming to an end.
  • Horizon wrote:
    Even when you pay Wiggle to deliver, in my case for next day delivery, they still can't manage it - terrible service from courier DPD. Two weeks later I have no package and Wiggle not co-operating on a refund either. I fear my very long journey with them - since pre-internet days - is fast coming to an end.

This is really surprising to hear, I've got nothing but praise for the delivery services of Wiggle, I only pay for the next day delivery when absolutely necessary as I find that using the free delivery means they use Royal Mail tracked service which is usually as quick as the 2.99 courier service.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    As Wiggle now own CRC it won't be long before they follow suit.

Do they? The announcement was a merger intention, not that the sale was complete.

Nope. Still not merged.
  • horizon
    horizon Posts: 91
    Horizon wrote:

This is really surprising to hear, I've got nothing but praise for the delivery services of Wiggle, I only pay for the next day delivery when absolutely necessary as I find that using the free delivery means they use Royal Mail tracked service which is usually as quick as the 2.99 courier service.

I've used Wiggle since they used to have two page ads in the CTC magazine. Never have I had a problem like this, or any problem really, which is why I've stuck with them. I paid £4.99 for next day delivery - its been 3 weeks on Thursday - no delivery, no resolution and over £250 out of pocket.