Lapierre X-Control 110 2012 26"

AaronMitchell91
AaronMitchell91 Posts: 12
edited April 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

I am looking at purchasing this bike and just wondering if anyone could tell me what it's worth?

It's a Lapierre X-Control 110 2012 26".

https://www.evanscycles.com/lapierre-x- ... e-EV156549

The forks have been changed to Fox 32 160mm travel and the brakes have been changed to Shimano Deore?

Thank you in advance.

Aaron.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Nothing. It's a 120mm/100mm XC bike, and not a very good one. Anyone who put 160mm forks on it was an idiot.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Thank you for your advice mate, would you not recommend this bike then? Cheers.
  • cooldad wrote:
    Nothing. It's a 120mm/100mm XC bike, and not a very good one. Anyone who put 160mm forks on it was an idiot.

Thank you for your advice mate, would you not recommend this bike then? Thanks.
  • kickaxe
    kickaxe Posts: 446
    Thank you for your advice mate, would you not recommend this bike then? Cheers.

Definitely not. Tbh there is so much better these days for not much more money...
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
    -A new Giant Trance 3 2015!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    No, if its been ridden at all hard then those forks can have seriously damaged the frame.

Not to mention that 160mm 32's have all the stiffness of half cooked spaghetti anyway!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    It wasn't a great bike to start with and it's been ruined. I wouldn't touch it.