Hello from a newbie

Louhock
Louhock Posts: 3
edited April 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hi everyone,
New member alert ( I'm sure I'm about to ask some silly questions)
After years of road biking off and on the Lemond Reno has been sold and I'm on the lookout for a new wheels.
I'm mainly going to be cycling on gravel paths with my kids to get them going but on certain occasions when I get away for some kid free time I'm planning on some trail centres in Scotland and Wales ( grandma has a house near one of the 7staines ) and my aim for next year will be to cycle Snowdon at the appropriate time of year.
I'm also cycling some pretty rocky trails near the Peak District once a week on Sunday mornings.
Please help as I just don't know if I should get a hard tail, brain tech, Full suss ...........
I did have a quick go on a specialized camber with the whole brain tech thingy in a 29er and It was awesome the only thing that dissuaded me from handing over £1500 was it looked far to new and you know who would find out eventually leaving me and the bike to sleep outside ! Wink wink
So ideally something second hand would be ideal.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Have a look out for a Boardman full suspension, everything but the basic race model is pretty good.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Louhock
    Louhock Posts: 3
    That's great thanks, I'll check it out