Which new bike

bluemoon81
bluemoon81 Posts: 71
edited April 2016 in MTB buying advice
I've been riding for 2 years starting off on a hardtail then took the plunge with a 27.5 santacruz heckler.
I've now been looking at changing the bike to something with less travel and hopefully a little lighter.
So I've been looking at the SC Hightower or the Yeti ASRc frame and building it up with the bits of my heckler and getting the travel on the pike reduced.
The only thing with the yeti is they recommend a medium frame to be built up as a 29er but has anyone but one up with 27.5.
Plus I'm only 5ft8 so wondered if a small frame would be better.
What you guys reckon?? Any questions just ask me and thanks in advance!!

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If you built it up as a 27.5 the BB would be VERY low and probably a right pain for pedal strikes, otherwise the Geometry will stay the same.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Bikelyf
    Bikelyf Posts: 3
    not a bad idea, i'm sure its possible. Is there a particular reason why you would not supply the bike with 29er's?

Celebrate your day!
    -Austin
  • No its for me so its my choice to what wheel size, im just thinking of taking all the bits of my bike and putting them on the medium frame and then in the future get new wheels and fork and put it to a 29er.
    i cant understand how the bb height can be the same but according to there website the bb height stays the same if you have it in the 27.5 or 29.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Because the frame is adjusted to suite the wheel size obviously!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Yeah had a blonde moment there sorry