Clubs / groups

Richard of the shire
edited April 2016 in Road general
I have just moved to the small village of Brill in Buckinghamshire and I am looking to join a club / group. What I am looking for is a friendly group to ride with regularly either road or mountain bike.
I am not a racer and don't ride by numbers (you wont find a power meter on my bike and my Garmin is there to tell me where to go on tours), but I am a fan of doing long distance stuff be it multi day tours, single day epics (London to Bristol on my tourer used to be a regular run when I lived in London), long sportives etc.
Anyway, I am hoping that someone will point me in the right direction for a club with like minded riders.

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Have a look at the BC website which lists groups in an area. CTC has something similar.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Brill is in the middle of the Bicester/Aylesbury/Oxford triangle and there are good clubs in all of those places. As above, use the BC club finder for more info...
  • effillo
    effillo Posts: 257
    I'm from Buckingham so not far away. I would say you are best to try Bicester. A well renowned and large club around these parts, know plenty of people that have ridden with them and heard positive things.

On another note. Brill is the perfect place to move to, got no choice but to go up a bloody big hill regardless of which way you come into the village, I tend to try and include it on a lot of summer runs.

Also, worth trying the beer from the local Vale brewery, just outside Brill, awesome ales if that's your thing!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    I have a love hate relationship with Brill Hill, try an get to Ivinghoe as well thats a "fun" one.

Clubs theres plenty about im over in MK but for you as said Bicester would be your best bet.
  • effillo
    effillo Posts: 257
    Ivighoe is great. 2 of the blighters if I remember correctly? Bison Hill is probably my favourite in that area, tough climb then the Whipsnade Bisons in their enclosure at the top!