Will a Specialized bike fit my height?

Icypanda
Icypanda Posts: 10
edited April 2016 in Road buying advice
Hey guys after searching for a while i've found two specialized bikes which are pretty much steals for their price. However they are 56cm in height & i'm 5.75 is the frame size suitable for me?

Comments

• ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    If by 5.75, you mean 5' 9", my answer would be perhaps but, depending on your leg length, a 56 might well be a bit big for you. You didn't say what bikes they were but fit depends on a few things other than your height - FWIW, I'm 6' 1" and the 56 Allez fits me perfectly
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    I'm just under 5"9 and a 54 is perfect.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    I think we really confirmation of two things: actual height in either feet/inches or metres and the models in question. Even then it will be a bit of a punt but we should be able to give a general consensus, although that may not be accurate.

FWIW, 54 :-)
  • jrich
    jrich Posts: 278
    I'm just under 5'11" and I ride a 54 Tarmac.

There's no way of knowing if it fits without riding it but I'm inclined to say that a 56cm will be too big for you.
  • Icypanda
    Icypanda Posts: 10
    Apologies for the late reply peeps. Just a quick update. The measurements were in feet. (silly of me to leave that out!) I ended up trying the 56cm bike and it just didn't feel right. However I think I picked up an amazing deal on the triban 3 red road bike for £150 practically new and it's 54cm. It feels alot better in terms of fit.