sunny sunday

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,525
edited April 2016 in The bottom bracket
early ride, rather nippy for almost-may, but good in the sun and quiet roads

just had espresso and a ham and cheese croissant at the cafe on the corner

off to warmer climes in a couple of days, business but due to timing will be there over the weekend, so much lazing by the pool will be involved :)

seem to have gained a kilo in the last week or so, too much food and not enough movement, better be going to the gym too
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Yep, fresh but sunny here so dog has been walked and coffee supped. Need to head out and get plenty of supplies from my favourite supermarket with the talented Sunday girls as we're running a bit low on stuff. Later will be trying to get wifey to make a decision on holidays :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,325
    oxoman wrote:
    ...incurred the wife's wrath for coming back early...

What was she up to/planning!?

Toots swam and played. Chores done. Sipping coffee.

The project is getting sold down the river and i'm the one putting it in. Innit great?
    What's a standard rate of machinery depreciation when the machinery is still working well and not obsolete or do I just go by market rate of similar machinery?

So many questions, so much time.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Managed a bike ride up to the coast. The northerly wind was cold and unwelcome but still I consider the ride an achievement. Attended a wedding on Friday, the bride was Polish and vodka shots were served on at free tab at 3pm after the ceremony. Yesterday I actually felt like part of my soul had died. Today still not right but getting there. An afternoon on the sofa listening to football on the radio beckons.
  • pinno
    Managed a bike ride up to the coast. The northerly wind was cold and unwelcome but still I consider the ride an achievement. Attended a wedding on Friday, the bride was Polish and vodka shots were served on at free tab at 3pm after the ceremony. Yesterday I actually felt like part of my soul had died. Today still not right but getting there. An afternoon on the sofa listening to football on the radio beckons.

Vodka gets rid of the parts of the brain that may dissuade you from doing it a again. Whisky gets rid of your liver. I prefer the former.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,525
    Pinno wrote:
    Vodka gets rid of the parts of the brain that may dissuade you from doing it a again.

i can confirm this, i completely eliminated this part of my brain around the age of 17, the next two decades are mostly a vague blur, but i do still have a functioning liver
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Lookyhere
    Lookyhere Posts: 987
    10 mile TT down in sunny Cornwall, even the teenage terrorist took a break from GCSE revision to see if she could catch me, not today but i feel youth is on her side :)
  • pinno
    Lookyhere wrote:
    10 mile TT down in sunny Cornwall, even the teenage terrorist took a break from GCSE revision to see if she could catch me, not today but i feel youth is on her side :)

Just a matter of time then. Get some PED's - there's plenty to choose from.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Went out on steel bike to try out my new shoes, now eating a *sausage sandwich which Mrs T made, it has mayo and Branston pickle, not sure that's right :D

*no pigs were slaughtered in the making of my sandwich, cant vouch for the cows involved in the making of my shoes though!
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    Went out on steel bike to try out my new shoes, now eating a *sausage sandwich which Mrs T made, it has mayo and Branston pickle, not sure that's right :D

*no pigs were slaughtered in the making of my sandwich, cant vouch for the cows involved in the making of my shoes though!

Surely you're not feeling sentimental about leather sourced in 1943?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    I'm going to a Polish wedding in August :D Food and booze on the menu to the early hours, can't wait.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Out this morning taking advantage of clear weather. No steel bikes involved, nor aluminium nor carbon. Steel garden fork though. :cry:
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Don't worry Bally, Alan Titchmarsh is a real hit with the older ladies I hear so you'll be ok.

Seanno, all I can say is at least go easy until the food is served! :lol: I don't consider myself an inexerienced spirits drinker, bourbon is my usual choice and I've a bottle of Reyka in the freezer, but dear Lord I felt bad yesterday. No headache or physical illness, just so so drained. I could've cried.
  • ballysmate
    seanoconn wrote:
    I'm going to a Polish wedding in August :D Food and booze on the menu to the early hours, can't wait.

Who's organising the stag do? Is that why Arran is absent, he is working on the project? Pinno? He's got plenty of time on his hands now. Not Stevo though, his tastes are a bit rich for me. Perhaps you could get Rick to do it, he is always game for a laugh.
  • seanoconn
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Who's organising the stag do? Is that why Arran is absent, he is working on the project? Pinno? He's got plenty of time on his hands now. Not Stevo though, his tastes are a bit rich for me. Perhaps you could get Rick to do it, he is always game for a laugh.
    Very kind of you to offer Bally, you've talked yourself into a job :D
  • seanoconn
    Don't worry Bally, Alan Titchmarsh is a real hit with the older ladies I hear so you'll be ok.

Seanno, all I can say is at least go easy until the food is served! :lol: I don't consider myself an inexerienced spirits drinker, bourbon is my usual choice and I've a bottle of Reyka in the freezer, but dear Lord I felt bad yesterday. No headache or physical illness, just so so drained. I could've cried.
    I thought I could handle my vodka until I went toe to toe with my future father in law. It didn't end well and proved a messy defeat for England.
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:

I thought I could handle my vodka until I went toe to toe with my future father in law. It didn't end well and proved a messy defeat for England.

Was Steve Mcclaren responsible for your selection? If it was Hodgson, the choice would have been TLW - goes without saying.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Very kind of you to offer Bally, you've talked yourself into a job :D
    So you reckon Bally is best placed to organise an evening of beer, coke and hookers?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Was Steve Mcclaren responsible for your selection? If it was Hodgson, the choice would have been TLW - goes without saying.

Is the match over 2 legs. Do away drinks count double? Or is that just called Happy Hour?
  • ballysmate
    If Pinno is coming, Susie from Bedford is a must. She should keep him happy.

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=13030850&hilit=punternet&start=20
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    If Pinno is coming, Susie from Bedford is a must. She should keep him happy.

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=13030850&hilit=punternet&start=20
    Maybe to keep him quiet for now we should see if there is a Susie from Stranraer?
  • Stevo_666
    Actually forget that. A quick search of Bally's favourite recreational website shows that there are no hookers in Stranraer, never mind one called Susie. That explains a lot :)
  • ballysmate
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Actually forget that. A quick search of Bally's favourite recreational website shows that there are no hookers in Stranraer, never mind one called Susie. That explains a lot :)

That's right. No hookers in Stranraer. Either the men are too righteous/tight to pay or the women are too ugly to be able to charge.
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

That's right. No hookers in Stranraer. Either the men are too righteous/tight to pay or the women are too ugly to be able to charge.
    I think we can rule out the righteous option.
  • pinno
    You lot missed. Pay?! You don't need to pay.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Pinno wrote:

you always pay, sometimes upfront, sometimes for life
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Okay smart 4rse. You do pay: at the STD clinic.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Okay smart 4rse. You do pay: at the STD clinic.
    You sure? This a Scottish STD clinic we're talking about.
  • pinno
    You pay for what you pick up... whatever.