Cannondale 6

arthur_scrimshaw
arthur_scrimshaw Posts: 2,596
edited April 2016 in Your road bikes
I've given my old six a spring refresh, stripped down and rebuilt using some bits I had lying around, shifters, pedals, bar tape and saddle (the original white and black Arione looked as if I'd had an 'accident')
Not a great picture, it's a bit dull at the moment, looks much better in the flesh.

Oh and it's not my garage door so not responsible for the weeds etc!

IMG_20160416_144619298.jpg

Comments

• fuzzbear
    fuzzbear Posts: 112
    Nice looking bike! Just about to do a similar project with my 2008 Super Six.
  • arthur_scrimshaw
    arthur_scrimshaw Posts: 2,596
    edited April 2016
    Cheers, post some pictures when you do. I'm trying to work out how old mine is, I bought it as a 'last years model' - I think the Six became the SuperSix so it's probably a similar age?
  • Took it out today, feels really good to be back on it, not ridden it for over a year.

IMG_20160417_130300925.jpg
    IMG_20160417_130310383.jpg
    IMG_20160417_130323487.jpg
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    Oh and it's not my garage door so not responsible for the weeds etc!

IMG_20160416_144619298.jpg
    IMG_20160417_130310383.jpg

So Arthur, can we assume that this actually is your garage door, weeds n all?

It's scrubbed up well, by the way (the bike, that is, not the garage door!)..
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • Ha! :D
    No still not mine, I do seem to be drawn to badly maintained doors though? In this case an electricity substation in the middle of nowhere.
    I'll be on the lookout for more suitable locations on my next outing (i.e. rubbish doors to prop the bike against)
  • fuzzbear
    fuzzbear Posts: 112
    Cheers, post some pictures when you do. I'm trying to work out how old mine is, I bought it as a 'last years model' - I think the Six became the SuperSix so it's probably a similar age?

I thinks my '08 was the first year Cannondale made a full carbon frame. I think yours might be a '10 model.

Might be wrong, though..
  • fuzzbear wrote:

I thinks my '08 was the first year Cannondale made a full carbon frame. I think yours might be a '10 model.

Might be wrong, though..

No I think you're spot on, I've done some digging and it was 2010 I bought it. I think it was Cycling Plus 'bike of the year' in 2010 and I knew nothing about road bikes so thought it was probably a sensible choice.