SRAM 11sp bar end shifter with 10sp cassette and RD?

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited April 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi all. Looking to potentially convert my single speed Arkose to a 1x10 set up. Thought this would be easy peasey (given Pinnacle already sell a variant with this set up) but I'm really struggling to find SRAM 10 sp rear bar end shifters. I can however find a 11speed one for seemingly a decent price. Thing is I was considering going for a smaller front narrow/wide chainring up front, and possibly a wide range Sunrace 11-40t cassette, and a SRAM GX RD with clutch. But the Sunrace only comes in 10 speed flavour. Would I be ok with this combo, and running a 10 sp chain?
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    11 speed shifter = 11 speed cassette. Why do you want to fit 10?
    left the forum March 2023
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    11 speed shifter = 11 speed cassette. Why do you want to fit 10?

I guess. It's just that the wide range Sunrace cassette wasn't 11 speed, and SRAM ones seemed a tad expensive I thought.

EDIT: my mistake, Sunrace do do a wide range cassette in 11 speed :oops:
    http://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/component ... tte-p14801

Question now becomes would the 11speed SRAM TT / bar end shifter work with a SRAM 11 speed GX rear mech with clutch? I'm guessing so, but wondered if anyone knew? The cable actuation seems slightly different to the 1:1 quoted on their roadie stuff...
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    then no...
    left the forum March 2023