Is Cloth Fair, London still 2 way for cyclists?

CoalTheCat
CoalTheCat Posts: 91
edited April 2016 in Commuting chat

Comments

• Olas
    Olas Posts: 54
    Not sure, I go past the one way exit on West Smithfield and see plenty of cyclist going up.
    Will have a look at the signs on the way home tonight
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Yes - unless they have changed it back again

http://lcc.org.uk/articles/city-makes-s ... r-cyclists
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    I'd be totally pissed if someone did that to me
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin wrote:
    I'd be totally pissed if someone did that to me

Walked out in front of you or crashed in to the back of you?
  • Has Sue decided to cross the road, only looking ahead of her, where cars would travel one way... Going straight into path of cyclist coming from behind her?
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Has Sue decided to cross the road, only looking ahead of her, where cars would travel one way... Going straight into path of cyclist coming from behind her?

It would seem so.. But she's blocked me on LinkedIn for suggesting it was 2 way for cyclists and wishing her luck with her court case...
  • vpnikolov
    vpnikolov Posts: 568
    Was involved in a similar situation a couple of weeks ago, but on Princes St. The girl looked only her way and stepped in front of me. I was not moving fast and almost came to a complete stop before crashing into her. No injuries to both! ... and at least I managed to successfully test my emergency unclipping as I was still getting used to clipless pedals. :)
  • Olas
    Olas Posts: 54
    Olas wrote:
    Not sure, I go past the one way exit on West Smithfield and see plenty of cyclist going up.
    Will have a look at the signs on the way home tonight

This is one way for cars, two way for cycles. The no entry sign on West Smithfield is no entry except cycles.