Opinions on the Giant cs3200

Icypanda
Icypanda Posts: 10
edited April 2016 in Commuting general
Hi peeps! I wanted to gain some insight from you whether the Giant cs3200 is worth buying or not. I tried searching online but i've literally found nothing apart from a Japanese site advertising it. I'll be purchasing this bike 2nd hand.

Thank you!

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    http://www.giant.co.jp/giant08/bike_dat ... =fullspecs
    Giant models usually have names, seems to be the Japanese market ones don't.

Depends on how much you are paying, it's rather heavy, it has basic seven speed grip shifts (high shift loads) and cheep freewheel back wheel, the forks are pretty much pointless on UK roads and just add a load of weight and drag, unless it's very cheap I'd say there are a lot better you can get for the money.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Icypanda
    The Rookie wrote:
    http://www.giant.co.jp/giant08/bike_datail.php?p_id=L1440096&action=fullspecs
    Giant models usually have names, seems to be the Japanese market ones don't.

Depends on how much you are paying, it's rather heavy, it has basic seven speed grip shifts (high shift loads) and cheep freewheel back wheel, the forks are pretty much pointless on UK roads and just add a load of weight and drag, unless it's very cheap I'd say there are a lot better you can get for the money.

Cheers Rookie, as you've advised I decided to give the bike a miss it was being sold for £160 but i'd much rather pay abit more for a 2nd hand bike that'll last me abit longer.
  • The Rookie
    It was barely worth that new!

You can get some quite nice used bikes for £160, that isn't one of them!

Have a look for a Voodoo Marasa or Aqua.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Icypanda
    The Rookie wrote:
    It was barely worth that new!

You can get some quite nice used bikes for £160, that isn't one of them!

Have a look for a Voodoo Marasa or Aqua.

Couldn't agree more! I'm thankful I waited because I managed to pick up a triban 3 in red with the carbon fork for £150! A real bargain in my eyes!
  • The Rookie
    Yup, the Triban is more fast road orientated than the Voodoo's, that is a very nice price.