New Helmet advice.

hanshotfirst
hanshotfirst Posts: 397
edited April 2016 in Road buying advice
In need of a new lid to protect my napper. Been going with a cheap 'muddyfox' one for a couple of years and it's done me fine but foam is all wearing away and I think it's time for an upgrade.

Looking at around the £50-60 mark and thinking of..

Kask Rapido
Lazer Blade
S Works Evade (used)

If anyone has any advice on the models above or further suggestions I'd be very grateful. Is the S Works a bit too flash? Is it really just suited to sprinters? I'm only doing recreational riding and trying to get better at climbing up Cat 3's and the like.

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Vslowpace
    Vslowpace Posts: 189
    Rutland Cycling have the Kask Mojito at £59.99. A very comfy lid IMO
  • Jay_Forme
    Jay_Forme Posts: 132
    funny enough there's a shop not to far from my work that are going from a shop to a workshop with everything half price to get rid.

I just picked up this helmet..... http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/p/2186 ... 0wodPZoIlA

for £45
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Vslowpace wrote:
    Rutland Cycling have the Kask Mojito at £59.99. A very comfy lid IMO

I have a Mojito, cost me about £100. At £60 its a no brainer :lol:
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Love the mojjito. If it's good enough for the tour riders...
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,523
    drlodge wrote:
    I have a Mojito, cost me about £100. At £60 its a no brainer :lol:
    If you'll pardon the pun :D:D
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Get one that fits...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    Get one that fits...

Exactly this!

I too thought the mojito looked great and made the mistake of buying one on line. It so very nearly fitted perfectly, but one fairly short ride proved me wrong and it had to go.

Peter
  • dstev55
    dstev55 Posts: 742
    I've just purchased a Uvex Boss Race for £54. I did have a Specialized Prevail (worth £160) but it didn't fit my head properly so decided to get rid. In all honesty the Uvex feels considerably better made and finished than the 3x more expensive Prevail.

I'd definitely have a look at it if I were you.