New bike time | £2000 budget

roubaixtom
roubaixtom Posts: 316
edited April 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I have a ROSE CGF 3000 that i just can't get to fit right after multiple trips back the bike fitter.

Im now considering buying a new bike for the 2016 season with a budget of around two grand, no more.

Bikes i am considering so far:

- Cannondale CAAD12 ultegra

- Canyon Ultimate CF 9.0

Anymore I should be considering? I will mainly be using for distance events, Marmotte | Haute Route Dolomites etc

Cheers
Tom

Comments

• bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Whatever you get I would be looking at a hydraulic disc brake set up. Build your own?

How about a Rourke made to measure frame?
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,523
    I've got a CAAD12 ultegra and so far it's great - highly recomended.
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    How about the C'dale Synapse Disc? More of an 'endurance' frame. Bang on budget as well for the 105:

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Cannondale-Syna ... ad%20Bikes
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    I'd consider ones that fit me so get into a shop and try all and everything.
  • vpnikolov
    vpnikolov Posts: 568
    solboy10 wrote:
    Whatever you get I would be looking at a hydraulic disc brake set up. Build your own?

How about a Rourke made to measure frame?
    Why disc and not caliper?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,983
    Buy a framset and transfer components, possibly with a stem change.
    Go on holiday with the savings or get a better quality frame with the savings.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    If you really can't get the Rose to fit I'd suggest carefully researching the geometry of any proposed bike before purchasing. Work out why the Rose can't be made to fit and then use this information to determine whether you need a long/short reach and a tall/short head tube and go from there.
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • roubaixtom
    roubaixtom Posts: 316
    Singleton wrote:

Are you able to achieve a comfortable, not agressive position?

Aluminium just as good as carbon on the caad12?
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,523
    Roubaixtom wrote:

The bike is comfortable for me - but I have a CAAD10 and a Supersix EVO already and I bought the CAAD12 as a replacement for the SuperSix. I've got the CAAD12 setup like the others, so I know it fits me and is comfy for what I want and need.

Before anyone asks - I'm not saying that the CAAD12 is categorically and objectively better than the Supersix, but I do prefer it.
  • PTestTeam
    PTestTeam Posts: 395
    Roubaixtom wrote:
    Hi,

I have a ROSE CGF 3000 that i just can't get to fit right after multiple trips back the bike fitter.

Im now considering buying a new bike for the 2016 season with a budget of around two grand, no more.

Bikes i am considering so far:

- Cannondale CAAD12 ultegra

- Canyon Ultimate CF 9.0

Anymore I should be considering? I will mainly be using for distance events, Marmotte | Haute Route Dolomites etc

Cheers
    Tom

Get the fitter to recommend your ideal frame size, geometry etc then take it from there
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Roubaixtom wrote:
    Singleton wrote:

The question shouldn't be whether it fits Singleton but whether it would fit you.....
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,170
    How about the C'dale Synapse Disc? More of an 'endurance' frame. Bang on budget as well for the 105:

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Cannondale-Syna ... ad%20Bikes

Another recommend for it. Was originally getting the Ultegra £2,500 version, but figured the 105 groupset was more than good enough - and the £500 saved can go towards a decent set of wheels, and better than on both of the 105/ Ultegra.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."