Stolen Scott Spark

miket-62
miket-62 Posts: 227
edited April 2016 in MTB general
Hi

Please keep your eyes open for my Scott Spark 740 which was stolen from my house 13/4/2016 in Darlington

All Hamsterley & North Yorkshire riders PLEASE keep a look out on the roads for it! :-(

Black & Orange 29-er

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    There is a stolen bikes forum you may want to use.

Good luck.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    As above, stick a post in the stolen bikes section. Put pictures with it and details of any non standard parts. Keep an eye on Ebay, Gumtree and the like it may well turn up there. I found a bike on Ebay 6 weeks after it was nicked and got it back after a bit of hassle. And again, good luck.
  • The Rookie
    Ref both Gumtree and ebay, use search terms (always search description as well on ebay) where they may try and hide the ID, for example I know of a couple of Boardmans recovered where the seller had used the spelling Baordman to try and get around a search with an 'innocent appearing' mistake.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    The Rookie wrote:
    Ref both Gumtree and ebay, use search terms (always search description as well on ebay) where they may try and hide the ID, for example I know of a couple of Boardmans recovered where the seller had used the spelling Baordman to try and get around a search with an 'innocent appearing' mistake.
    Good point. My Kona was listed on Ebay as being a 58cm when it was actually a 60cm. Poor attempt at disguising the bike I guess as the sticker on the frame clearly said 60cm. I could clearly see the brackets for my lights and lock were still fitted in the pictures so knew it was mine.
  • The Rookie
    Yes, I found a mates Kona single speed on Gumtree, was advertised as a Unit when it wasn't, dead giveaway, said mate is a copper so getting it back wasn't hard (and he's 6'3" and wider than he is tall!).