Tour of Yorkshire viewing

bikes`n`guns
bikes`n`guns Posts: 959
edited April 2016 in Pro race
Folks

Am heading down to Yorkshire the weekend of the race. I`ll have the camper and am after ideas about viewing on the Saturday. How feasible would it be to watch the climb at Sutton Bank then get to the finish of that stage ?

Any ideas very welcome.
Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently

Comments

• FCE2007
    FCE2007 Posts: 962
    You might have time to drive from Helmsley to Scarborough but that's where the problems will start.
    With the sea front parking being lost, I guess the outer town car parks will be rammed with general weekend traffic anyway and most/all the side streets/residential parking is permit holder only so it could be a problem finding space for the van.

I'd be tempted to venture out onto the moors around Egton. The 'ramp' there will slow them down ;)
    Powered by Haribo.
  • ^last year we drove from the start in Bridlington to Scarborough for the finish (was a Fri not a weekend, mind) and had no problem parking up in a car park around 10 mins from the sea front

Dunno how much more challenging it might be to get away from Sutton Bank, tho..

Bikes n guns, I assume you mean Sun not Sat, as you mention Sutton Bank?
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    there's plenty of time to get across to scarboough after seeing it earlier in the day. i think oliver's mount will be the prime viewing spot, but there's a big climb at robin hoods bay and another just after that inland at harwood dale which i'm also considering.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Cannot believe I will be missing this yet again. Gutted.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    You can take in the women's race on 2nd May. Otley to Doncaster all in.
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    RideOnTime wrote:
    You can take in the women's race on 2nd May. Otley to Doncaster all in.

Unfortunately my wife's family is over from Thailand, so I will be chauffeur up in the middle of nowhere in Scotland , probably without any wifi or even a phone signal. Do they even have 4G in Scotland?
  • Dunno bout 4G, but we have the best 3D available. :)
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    In total, 38 riders on the provisional rider list have ridden in the Tour de France and 25 have taken part in all three Grand Tours.

Here's the list;

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/tour-de-yorkshire-riders-taking-11191597

Wiggo's head looks strangely massive in the collage.