Bar tape colours

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,098
edited April 2016 in Commuting chat
Bike is red 'n' white: TT is mostly white, rest of bike red - all with black trim
10154586346_e2e31afde9.jpg

Have white bar tape, but it's more grey now...so...

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    black bar tape and get a black saddle.

actually just get a new bike
  • secretsam
    spasypaddy wrote:
    black bar tape and get a black saddle.

actually just get a new bike

Don't tempt me

The current version of this frame is lovely matt black all over, apart from the "C" in Cinelli, which is red

Mmmmmm

Anyway, like my saddle so not changing, although may change the seatpin for a carbon one, and NOT in white!

• drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I have 4 bikes...2 have white bar tape, 2 have black. 3 bikes have the same white saddle so I think I'm obeying the rules.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • Saddle and bar-tape must match. There shall be no discussion. Though I would be OK for the Lizardskins half-red, half white on that frame.
  • secretsam
    Saddle and bar-tape must match. There shall be no discussion. Though I would be OK for the Lizardskins half-red, half white on that frame.

Red on the tops, one assumes?

• MisterMuncher
    MisterMuncher Posts: 1,302
    Colour on the drops, so everyone can see how much they get used.

(Three bikes, two white saddles and one black, black, black/green two tone and full green tape. I'm not much for the rules)
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    How long did it take to go grey? If it was a decent length of time, go white and look pimp. Nice bike that.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    white tape...change it every 4 months and alls good (can get the deda cork one for around £5 usually)
  • secretsam
    prawny wrote:
    How long did it take to go grey? If it was a decent length of time, go white and look pimp. Nice bike that.

Not that long really
    And I can barely be ar53d keeping the chain clean, let alone the bar tape :lol:

• White gloss fizik tape. But also switch the stem and seat post to black, some anatomic bars, get the hoods level(looks like you may need a shorter stem) and lose the compact.

And of course, slam the stem and trim off the excess.
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • Bar tape needs to match helmet colour
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    white tape...change it every 4 months and alls good (can get the deda cork one for around £5 usually)

You're joking, right...
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    London-Red wrote:

You're joking, right...

Nope. Why? Takes 15 minutes to do, freshens the bike up and not exactly expensive bearing in mind some tape costs 3 or 4 times as much.

Else get black and change every year or two? Don't care :)
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Don't know about the tape but the bike looks like it's wet itself with worry over this.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Saddle and bar-tape must match. There shall be no discussion. Though I would be OK for the Lizardskins half-red, half white on that frame.

saddle and tape MUST match tape must be complete no farking gaffer tape ala CJCP but can be dirty because you ride your bike.

NO deviation from Z rules on pain of death i.e. excommunicated to Commuting General
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    itboffin wrote:
    NO following the rules on pain of death i.e. excommunicated to Commuting General
    Fixed that for you.
    London-Red wrote:
    You're joking, right...
    Nope. Why? Takes 15 minutes to do, freshens the bike up and not exactly expensive bearing in mind some tape costs 3 or 4 times as much.
    Else get black and change every year or two? Don't care :)

No, change it every 20,000 miles or so if black or every 200 miles if white. You can buy a lot with the £500 you save by using black tape rather than white! :wink:
    Saddle and bar-tape must match. There shall be no discussion.

Nope. There shall be discussion. Saddle and tape needn't match.
    SecretSam wrote:
    The current version of this frame is lovely matt black all over, apart from the "C" in Cinelli, which is red

Mmmmmm

"Lovely" and "matt black" don't belong in the same sentence when used to describe bike frame colours. "Drab" and "matt black" is however acceptable.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • secretsam
    Hmmmm...comments on my bike set up rather than the original question....I shall deal with each point in turn:

White gloss fizik tape.

Hmmmm...maybe

But also switch the stem and seat post to black

Seatpost, yes, fine - but not the stem, no need just now

some anatomic bars

Don't like them, they feel weird

get the hoods level(looks like you may need a shorter stem)

I've had a bike fit since and position has changed. And I'm not changing it again. And the stem's fine, I've got the whole "short legs-long body" thing going on

and lose the compact.

I'm 173cm, 90+kg and ride in the Chilterns. So that's just not going to happen.

And of course, slam the stem and trim off the excess.

See above comments re-bike fit.

• holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    Black and white :)