Sub £2k Sportive Bike - Ribble Sportive Racing?

JimboM
JimboM Posts: 380
edited April 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi all

I'm starting to get back into cycling after a 2 year break and although there is nothing wrong with my current Synapse alloy 105, a new bike is always nice and it might help to keep the momentum going.

I'll only be doing club rides, the odd sportive etc and am definitely no racer so am leaning towards another relaxed geometry bike, I quite like the idea of giving SRAM a go and have a max budget of £2k, although closer to £1.5k would be better!

With that in mind the Ribble Sportive Racing, SRAM Force 22 and Mavic Ksyrium Elites coming in at £1,600 is very tempting but before I press the button are there any other bikes I should be considering?

Also will the Krysiums be OK for a 95kg rider ?

Cheers
Cannondale Synapse 105
Giant FCR3
GT Avalanche 3.0
Canyon Nerve AM 6.0

Comments

• kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Kuota do a relaxed goe bike at this price I think its called the Kiral

if you want a boutique bike last years colnago ac-r can be had for around £1500
  • wahla21
    wahla21 Posts: 96
    With regards to the Ksyriums, yes it's fine. I used to be 97kg and never had a problem.

I know you mentioning relaxed geometry but I can't recommend the SuperSix Evo enough. The most comfortable bike I've ever ridden after having a Canyon Endurance and a Cube.

You can pick up some bargains at Pauls Cycles with SRAM groupsets.

Cheers
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Cannondale alloy frames are generally pretty top notch, for what your using it for I'd be surprised if anything in the sub £1500 ball park is really that much of an upgrade (other than the already mentioned Supersix). Maybe get some new wheels, tyres and a service for the Synapse?