Technical person needed to help us finish a piece of cycling retail software

Kiwialec
Kiwialec Posts: 2
edited April 2016 in The cake stop
Apologies if this is in the wrong section - it seems the most appropriate, but I may be off the mark.

We're developing a piece of cycle retail technology and need a cyclist to work with us put together a pretty critical piece.
The work is looking through a (long) list of cycling products, and coding them into the system using "regex" patterns (we will provide all of the training to do this if you don't know what this is).

First and foremost, you will need to have a good understanding of cycling and cycle components (you probably wouldn't be on this forum if you didn't!). You don't need to know absolutely everything about cycling - we are happy for you to spend time researching.

You will be predominantly writing regex patterns - if you know what regex is, have any experience with web development, or are generally good with computers/technical stuff, you should find this easy.

To give you an example, given the title "Shimano Ultegra 10 Speed Cassette", you would write the patterns:
Brand=(\bShimano\b)
Range=(\bUltegra\b)
Speed=(10.speed)
Type=(cassettes?)

This is a paid freelance gig - we will likely only need one or two people working on this. I expect there to be at least 20 hours of work to complete over the next few weeks, and more on an ongoing basis. Depending on your level of experience with regex, we will pay £15-25/hr.

If this sounds interesting and you've got some time free to work on this over the next few weeks, drop me an email at alec@allotmentdigital.com, or a PM here.