Voodoo Bantu SR raidon x3 air fork query

alexbadnews
alexbadnews Posts: 7
edited April 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all, I have been offered a Voodoo Bantu from a friend at work for £65. It is has barely seen any use but has a few cosmetic issues. One thing that may or may not be a more significant issue is the forks are completely compressed. The lock out cap is missing from the top right of the fork (easy to replace I assume) and when I lift the bike there is movement the fork but there is clearly an issue as it seems there is no air at all in them. Is this likely to be a case of getting a shock pump and seeing if it just needs air. Or is the fact it is completely compressed a sign of something more sinister?
Thanks in advance. I have a few photos if that will assist but it's all the info I can provide with no MTB knowledge.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    It needs air in it, whether it will then just leak out is impossible to say, you can use any screw on connector pump to get some air in it to just to see what is happening, but you'll need a shock pump to do it properly.

Even then at £65 it's a good buy as you could get some semi decent used forks off eBay and stick them on, would only cost about £60.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Thanks, I'll take it in to the shop down the rise from me and see if they'll check it out. Like you say, seems like a good price regardless!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    For £65 I would be wheelying it all the way home!