Aldi Bike Stand

dp1
dp1 Posts: 89
edited April 2016 in MTB buying advice
I don't know how to add a link but I see Aldi are selling a bike stand for £24.99 and wondered if anyone had one or could look on their website to tell me if they thought it was any good .

Thanks

Comments

• JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    I have one, it's the same as the £25 eBay ones, it works absolutely fine.

Clamp is a bit tight but that's due to my frame design, I have dropper so can't use seat post
  • mrbubbaman
    mrbubbaman Posts: 171
    Bought one today, sitting in the corner now, not used it yet
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    I'd like to know if these are any good.

I have been looking at much more expensive options and wouldn't mind saving a bit of cash.
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    swod1 wrote:
    I'd like to know if these are any good.

I have been looking at much more expensive options and wouldn't mind saving a bit of cash.

They are absolutely fine, maybe not as robust as the more expensive options but they are only £25.
  • Dan_xz
    Dan_xz Posts: 130
    I've had one for a couple of years. The 'arm' to hold the front wheel straight broke pretty quickly, and be aware that the feet are in four directions so you need space around it, but works fine for me.
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    JGTR wrote:
    They are absolutely fine, maybe not as robust as the more expensive options but they are only £25.

Gone and bought one, well had to get my sister to get one from store local to her as sold out in a few I tried.

Opened box up and quite surprised at the quality would have thought these would easily sell for more 40 quid or so.

Once unpacked and setup it is rather good and sturdy with the 5 tripod style legs.

My bike isn't the lightest but not heavy is fine and no fear of the stand tipping over.

Worth buying to do your own bike servicing.
  • jolmes
    jolmes Posts: 144
    Also got one of these, not impressed with the arm to hold the frame. Don't want to over tighten it in case the plastic snaps but it just doesn't hold the bike up, it just wants to rotate floorwards, the bike only weighs 9.8Kg so I suspect I might have to add a rubber buffer under it so I can get some grip without jeopardising the plastic or MTFO and just tighten the bugger up..

Other than that, love it. Tempted to fit it to the wall instead as there is space.
  • Wag$ter
    Wag$ter Posts: 69
    Ive had one of the aldi ones for a few years. The only thing that annoys me about it is because of the feet at the back have to have it away from the wall... im going for a park tool PCS9 next