Focus Cayo Al Tiagra or other?

tommo28
tommo28 Posts: 3
edited April 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi All,

I’m looking to get a long weekend/commuter bike at the moment and tried a Focus Cayo Al Disc Tiagra today and really liked it.

Has anyone had this bike for an extended period (I only rode it for 15 minutes) or could anyone recommend any possible alternatives in the c. £1000 disc brake range?

Cheers
Ben

Comments

• arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    tommo28 wrote:
    Hi All,

I’m looking to get a long weekend/commuter bike at the moment and tried a Focus Cayo Al Disc Tiagra today and really liked it.

Has anyone had this bike for an extended period (I only rode it for 15 minutes) or could anyone recommend any possible alternatives in the c. £1000 disc brake range?

Cheers
    Ben

Planet X London Road might be worth considering.

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXLDNRIV ... -road-bike

Has the advantage over the Cayo of 11-speed SRAM Rival and also rear rack and mudguard mounts which I think are a plus if you're looking at commuting though all weathers.

Also has clearance for tyres up at least 700 x 35c and possible bigger for that extra comfort factor and also off-road capability if you fancy it.

Plenty of satisfied owners out there if you can plough through the thread in the "Your Road Bikes" forum

viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12998860
  • tommo28
    tommo28 Posts: 3
    Thanks for this, I'll have a look at the links.

One thing I'm slightly concerned about with Planet X is that I live nowhere near the shops so would be "buying blind" so to speak.