Fitting a new saddle

prcody
prcody Posts: 67
edited April 2016 in Workshop
I have a Focus Izalco Ergoride and have bought a Fizik Arione Kium saddle to replace the stock one for more comfort. With the Fizik being longer than the current saddle what is the best way to fit it so it maintains the same on bike position I currently have.

Comments

• briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,630
    I do a bit of measurement to get it close (I'm on an Arione Versus, having been on a Romin before), but then adjust a mm or so on feel - I find I'm pretty sensitive to minute adjustments that need to be made.

I'm sure that there are more scientific/foolproof ways.
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    prcody wrote:
    I have a Focus Izalco Ergoride and have bought a Fizik Arione Kium saddle to replace the stock one for more comfort. With the Fizik being longer than the current saddle what is the best way to fit it so it maintains the same on bike position I currently have.

Not sure how scientific this method is but I would put a straight edge across the widest part of your current saddle ( essentially that's where your sit bones should be positioned when seated). Measure from the straight edge to the centre of the top cap on your stem. Fit the new saddle and set it up to give the same distance between the widest part and the top cap centre
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    As mentioned you can try to get close at best with a different saddle but it usually takes some trial and error by riding to get it just right. I hate fitting different saddles. In my experience even switching the same saddle to a different bike by taking careful measurements and angles still usually requires some test ride tweaking. A pain in the arse to find the sweet spot.