what bottom bracket do I have/need?

rubberbullet
rubberbullet Posts: 36
edited April 2016 in Workshop
Hi there

My TT bike is listed as having been supplied with "FSA BB30 w/ 24mm spindle reducers". Since then, I've installed a Rotor 3d+ with a power2max and had the BB bearings and/or bottom bracket replaced (I can't remember what the LBS guy did in the end). I also cannot however remember whether the BB was changed in order to fit the Rotor 3d+ (e.g. were the spindle reducers removed?).

I'm now considering buying a second hand Rotor BB30 ceramic BB from a clubmate and would appreciate knowing whether this would "work" with my existing setup or what I would need to do? I've attached a couple of (very rubbish) photos of my existing BB cups if that helps in the diagnosis... Next job for tonight is to clean the bike!

AA10BEE0-A2DD-42E9-B6DB-B2D81FC8BFD0_zpsjejm49sz.jpg

AC0C787E-EB53-4118-992F-230511062DBF_zpso9vn7bq1.jpg

Comments

• svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    The bearings would fit the frame OK but I'm not sure I'd be that keen replacing a perfectly good set of bearings for a used second hand set - but then again IMO ceramic bearings are more about marketing than real world benefit over good quality stainless. If you just intend keeping them if/until you need a new BB I suppose it might be worthwhile but given the hassle of fitting BB's if I did need to do it I'd rather fit new bearings.
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D