Newbie - Giant Anyroad Comax

inzane
inzane Posts: 2
edited April 2016 in Cyclocross
Hi guys,

I bought my Anyroad Comax earlier this year. After riding 600km, I find that I consistently get hand numbness with pins and needles, saddle discomfort and foot numbness. After a recent professional bike fit, I was told by the bike fitter that my medium Comax is too large for me even after raising the bar, flipping the stem upwards and replacing the stem with a shorter stem. I still get pins and needles especially on my palm.

At the time of purchase, my LBS offered me a basic fit and told me that I am between Small and Medium. I am about 173cm tall. I chose medium which I know now that it was a wrong decision.

Now, I am thinking of the following.

1. Easiest - sell the Giant Comax, get a new bike.

2. Buy a new frameset and transfer my Shimano 105 groupset and Giant wheels with disc brakes to the new frameset myself or with a bit of professional help. Sell the Giant Comax frameset.

What do you think I should do? If I decide on getting a new frameset, is there any particular frameset you guys would recommend? Any other suggestions.

Sorry for the long post. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    If you can swap all the part across yourself, then I'd get a new frame. If you are paying someone else to do it, then I'd get a new bike. The simpliest thing is to get a new bike in some ways. You could try a swap on the classifieds on bike radar first?

BTW I'm about your height (between 5'8 and 5'9) and sometimes I'm a small, othertimes a medium - around a 53 or 54 on a traditional road bike or 17 inch on a MTB. Sometimes a 54cm bike is a small (eg my croix de fer) and other times a medium (eg my GT GTR road bike.)
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.