On-One Piccolino

jimothy78
jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
Hi all.

looking at getting a 20"-wheel bike for my daughter.

As well as the usual suspects like Isla and Frog, I'm interested in the On-one Piccolino, but can't find out much about it, specifically in terms of total weight.

The website states 1kg for the frame and 350g for the fork, which sound fairly reasonable at face value (though admittedly I don't know the equivalent figures for the other bikes).

Obviously the 2.5" Creepy-crawler tyres aren't going to be light or fast-rolling, but I'm wondering if a change to some BMX tyres would make it into a nice pavement-pedaller, with the option of refitting the knobblies when you're planning on introducing them to off-road.

Would love to hear from anyone who's got one, especially if you can help with the weight question....

Comments

• Steve-XcT
    Steve-XcT Posts: 267
    jimothy78 wrote:
    Hi all.

looking at getting a 20"-wheel bike for my daughter.

As well as the usual suspects like Isla and Frog, I'm interested in the On-one Piccolino, but can't find out much about it, specifically in terms of total weight.

The website states 1kg for the frame and 350g for the fork, which sound fairly reasonable at face value (though admittedly I don't know the equivalent figures for the other bikes).

Obviously the 2.5" Creepy-crawler tyres aren't going to be light or fast-rolling, but I'm wondering if a change to some BMX tyres would make it into a nice pavement-pedaller, with the option of refitting the knobblies when you're planning on introducing them to off-road.

Would love to hear from anyone who's got one, especially if you can help with the weight question....

I just looked myself.... I can't figure of its Frame + forks = 1kg or frame alone...
    If its frame alone I cant see how its 300-350g heavier than my kids 24" frame! (That cost £250 including RST F1rst Air forks and some extra stuff like wheels and components that got thrown in the spares bin)