Windsday

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,692
edited April 2016 in The bottom bracket
Morning folks,
Managed to wobble in to work this morning, felt like a fair head wind but I suspect it was more that I was feeling particularly feeble. Lots of emails that I'm supposed to be trawling through but can't really be bothered, head isn't really on work this morning.
Having just been rudely interrupted by a customer on the phone I will probably submit this to discover I've been pipped to the post. Onwards and upwards...

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    The council war is progressing very well. I think the sh1t should hit the fan next Wednesday when the press print the headline 'Voluntary Org forced to close due to council'. Hee hee hee.

Must get more coffee and smile a bit. Time to get the wooden trainset out as it's cold, wet and windy. When the farq is spring going to happen?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
    Currently working overseas on long term project, just started. So, hotel rooms, no bikes, usual stuff. Nice walk to work, but thats about it. It's taken 2 and a half weeks already to get limited access to the system we're about to pull apart and rebuild... gonna be a long 6 months coming up.... :(
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,231
    Woken up early this morning by wifey going to the gym, then got a peaceful hour in bed on my own.

Got a trip down to the big smoke tomorrow, anything I should be looking to avoid?

Dinner at B-I-Laws tonight whos a head chef so it's always a good do however due to the aformentioned trip I'm driving.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Got a trip down to the big smoke tomorrow, anything I should be looking to avoid?
    Presumably you're not driving down, that's the main thing to avoid.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,231
    I am unfortunately, not going right into the centre though so at least that's a relief.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    slow slow slow.

One 'kin large project has just gone on hold for a strategic review but I've been paid in full so it's not all bad.

Pounding the pedals with certain faces as the pedals may prove therapeutic.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • veronese68
    I am unfortunately, not going right into the centre though so at least that's a relief.
    Indeed, had to drive in to the hospital near Regents Park yesterday as the girl wouldn't have managed train and tube. It was horrible and that's only from the outskirts of London. Why would anyone drive in to central London unless they had to?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Sunny chester for me with the dirt bike in the car for llandegla later :)
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    working from home today, grim outside, did a couple of hours on the turbo for my "commute" before starting, legs are tired now!

been listening to talksport too much i think, I can't seem to go 5 minutes without singing "Chicken Madras"
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Indeed, had to drive in to the hospital near Regents Park yesterday as the girl wouldn't have managed train and tube. It was horrible and that's only from the outskirts of London. Why would anyone drive in to central London unless they had to?
    That's just round the corner from my office - is that the one on Great Portland Street?

Year end madness is here, just headed home now for a well deserved drink. The rest of the week won't be any better. May have beer tomorrow if I survive the day.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Woken up early this morning by wifey going to the gym, then got a peaceful hour in bed on my own.

Dinner at B-I-Laws tonight whos a head chef so it's always a good do however due to the aformentioned trip I'm driving.
    Avoid North London, it's shyte. South is where its at.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    That's just round the corner from my office - is that the one on Great Portland Street
    Yes, that's the one. I think we were the only ones in there that didn't have offshore investments. Eye wateringly expensive, but well worth it.
    I agree, North London is shite.
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:

I had lots of fun getting muddy :)
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

The joys of bunking off early....
  • pinno
    Oh the joy; Glasgow tomorrow leaving at silly o'clock...
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

The bunk off early plan failed, despite being there early doors

Had to ride flat out before it went too dark
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

The bunk off early plan failed, despite being there early doors

Had to ride flat out before it went too dark

I have an LED on the seatpost my summer bike. Gives me a little bit of peace of mind in those twilight moments.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    At least it gives drivers an aim point. :lol: