Canyon 2016...

Herdwick
Herdwick Posts: 523
edited May 2016 in MTB general
We all seen the new "Sender" made of carbon, or they claim,
Forgive me but I am not convised, I believe they stll use Unobtanium for most of their bikes, what do you think?
“I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
― Kurt Vonnegut

Comments

• Herdwick
    They seem to spend time and effort on marketing and press releases but did not see anything related to late deliveries issues being solved, it's a shame they got up to the neck on orders and did not delivered as expected for such a well promoted brand
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I thought they were waiting for a supply of Adamantium before they could deliver more bikes?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • darren636
    darren636 Posts: 102
    Looks to me like they take your money to prop themselves up. And deliver when they are 'able'
    m-trax ti 1000- back when i was rubbish.
    evo 8 - i am continuing to be rubbish.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I'm slightly suspicious that Canyon may be in more serious trouble than they're admitting to. It's going on a bit too long to just be a computer issue messing up deliveries. It's all a bit too similar to when my last employer went bankrupt.
    I certainly wouldn't be spending any money with them until they return to normal service.
  • Herdwick
    And that would be.... the year....
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Normal service will be resumed in June......I'm not saying which year, but it will be June!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Might be something to do with the range of bikes they have, they have so many different types of bikes and models and range of models. Bit off more than they could chew perhaps. YT are obviously a smaller company and seem to be dealing fine with the rush of orders they must be receiving.
  • rockmonkeysc
    YT have had their problems as well. My mate waited nearly six months for a limited edition Tues DH. He only kept it four months, didn't like it.
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    YT have had their problems as well. My mate waited nearly six months for a limited edition Tues DH. He only kept it four months, didn't like it.

Fair. I guess its the case of "I got mine on time no problem, recommended" and "I waited 6 months, raging, not recommended"

Ya win some, ya lose some with the online dealers. I hope Canyon sort it out.
  • kickaxe
    kickaxe Posts: 446
    Good news- I have heard from several people here in Germany that their newly ordered canyons have been arriving on time- seems like they fixed the problem (hopefully).

I guess the bikes should be heading to the UK relatively soon.
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
    -A new Giant Trance 3 2015!
  • Hi,

New poster here, so hello all. I'm thinking of ordering a Canyon commuter 4.0. The website says mid June but I've heard these are worse case scenario times. Anybody know any different? Does anyone know if they bill you when you order or when they actually have a bike to dispatch (I'd obviously prefer the latter). I don't want to be waiting 3 months for a bike and then see something else on offer I can have straight away.
  • The Rookie wrote:
    Normal service will be resumed in June......I'm not saying which year, but it will be June!

Seems like it may be worth waiting until the summer to order if this info is correct.
  • rockmonkeysc
    They take the money at the time of order.
  • They take the money at the time of order.

Thanks for the reply.

Doesn't seem to make much sense to order then. I've heard since that people paying via bank transfer don't have to pay until the bike is ready to ship, but then there are still delays.

Started talking to random people on twitter who are reaching out to Canyon on social media. Many have been waiting 4+ months.

I can't say it looks like a wise move buying a bike from them at the moment.

Does anyone know if they are about to go bust or is this just genuinely a temporary thing?
  • rockmonkeysc
    Dunno but why order from them when you can get equally good value and quality from Rose, YT, Radon and others who will actually deliver.
  • Ashweee
    Ashweee Posts: 48
    I ordered a torque dhx in March, it was delivered about 2 weeks later than they initially stated and was about 5 weeks in total between order and delivery. The week before delivery a pending transaction was placed on my account and the payment was taken a day after I received the bike.

I had quite a good experience to be honest, they answered the chat function every time I tried and replied via Twitter too.
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,485
    WHen I bought they only took the money on despatch, not on order.

And their website says they only take payment on despatch

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/service/fa ... =19&id=800

So I wouldn't believe those who say they take payment on order, even if the delivery is then scheduled for 3 months later. (Though I'm sure some anecdotes will contradict this)
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)