Route 4 issues Dorney and Old Windsor.

fallingoff
fallingoff Posts: 332
edited May 2016 in Routes
I ride route 4 along the Thames path regularly but 2 areas are marked by homemade signs informing no cycling allowed.Although the one at Dorney boasts Bucks CC it still looks iffy and seems to get ignored by cyclists looking at the trails left.
The one at Old Windsor starts near the Bells of Ousely PH and runs in the direction from Runnymead towards Windsor but doesn't occur in the opposite direction,also signs later into the route direct cycles away from a parish footpath.
I've tried googling and looking at sustrans website to no avail,how would I go about finding out definitively about their usage?Thanks.

Comments

• roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    fallingoff wrote:
    I ride route 4 along the Thames path regularly but 2 areas are marked by homemade signs informing no cycling allowed.Although the one at Dorney boasts Bucks CC it still looks iffy and seems to get ignored by cyclists looking at the trails left.
    The one at Old Windsor starts near the Bells of Ousely PH and runs in the direction from Runnymead towards Windsor but doesn't occur in the opposite direction,also signs later into the route direct cycles away from a parish footpath.
    I've tried googling and looking at sustrans website to no avail,how would I go about finding out definitively about their usage?Thanks.

route 4 is shown on both Sustrans and OS maps running past Dorney to Windsor but at that point go though Windsor Great park to Egham. its shown as footpath only around old Windsor.