Brake Quandary

boristhespie
boristhespie Posts: 109
edited April 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
My bike has Formula Oro (I think) breaks K24 breaks. Thing is, took it to France and it was as if it was locked on. The back wheel simply would not run. Took it to bike shop on return who said there was nowt wrong with it. I couldn't find diddly myself. Took it again later on and exact same thing happened. Not I can only assume that it was the heat affecting either the rotar or the oil. But the brakes are not old and shouldnt need bled. Is the heat expanding something?

Any suggestions.

Comments

• kickaxe
    kickaxe Posts: 446
    Have you tried prying the pads apart? That's the first step. Then check if the brakes work normally
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
    -A new Giant Trance 3 2015!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The Formula expansion volume doesn't work as well as Shimano, it's easy to overfill it such that if there is any heat expansion with new pads they lock on.

I'd do the above and if that doesn't work crack open the bleed port on the lever while you lever the pads apart (lever port facing UP), and then reclose it. Wipe up the excess fluid.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • lpretro1
    lpretro1 Posts: 237
    It is BRAKES and ROTOR please :)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    No, it's brakes and disc, they are disc brakes not rim brakes which also use a rotor (the wheel)......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Annoying Rookie is fun.
    Rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor
    rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor rotor.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools