Giving props to a good Samaritan

steadyrollingman
steadyrollingman Posts: 90
edited April 2016 in The cake stop
A bit of a change to publicly praise rather than shame a motorist, so as I don't use Twitter or any of that social media nonsense, and I haven't posted on here for months, this is about the only way I can think of to say one last thank you to the taxi driver who stopped when he saw I had a mechanical at the side of the road this morning, put the seats down in the back of his car, and gave me and my mucky cyclocross bike a free lift to work 13 miles away.
Not being a cyclist, he won't be reading this - but if any of you lot based around Guildford need a taxi anytime, maybe you can call GTA Taxis (01483 502250) and ask for Andrew Cox - he needs to be rewarded for his fine attitude to cyclists!
Job: Job, n,. A frustratingly long period of time separating two shorter than usual training rides

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    I also doubt that a chap in a white 4x4 / crossover type vehicle who was driving down Blackstone Edge Road, the A58 in Littleborough at 6.45am on the 31st of March reads this forum but thanks for offering me a lift/help.

I was fixing a flat at the side of the road.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • fat_cat
    fat_cat Posts: 566
    Think we need a Good Samaritans thread by way of a bit of balance.

I too have benefited a couple of weeks ago after a crash in the Surrey Hills when a very kind lady gave me a lift, and even patched me up before asking her husband to give me a lift to the station. It really restores your faith in human nature!
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,864
    A bit of a change to publicly praise rather than shame a motorist, so as I don't use Twitter or any of that social media nonsense, and I haven't posted on here for months, this is about the only way I can think of to say one last thank you to the taxi driver who stopped when he saw I had a mechanical at the side of the road this morning, put the seats down in the back of his car, and gave me and my mucky cyclocross bike a free lift to work 13 miles away.
    Not being a cyclist, he won't be reading this - but if any of you lot based around Guildford need a taxi anytime, maybe you can call GTA Taxis (01483 502250) and ask for Andrew Cox - he needs to be rewarded for his fine attitude to cyclists!

I am going to a wedding at Loseley next week so will ask him for a quote - if I use him will say where I got the number from
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921

I am going to a wedding at Loseley next week so will ask him for a quote - if I use him will say where I got the number from

Use him?