terminal thursday

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,545
edited March 2016 in The bottom bracket
been to gym, going to office, if it's anything like yesterday i may kill

need some project managers who can say 'no' to clients instead of 'thank you sir, may i have another' as they bend over
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,018
    Quite a nice pre-work ride this morning, once I'd wiggled the shard of glass out of the back tyre 3 miles into the route.

Why oh why is it always the oily wheel that gets it?

Tonight will include making 3, 4 & 5 inch method feeder hair rigs and possibly washing the bike.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Tonight will include making 3, 4 & 5 inch method feeder hair rigs and possibly washing the bike.

I have no idea what that means.

But it sounds very deviant.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Great thread title :D

Sitting in bed waiting for a mug of tea.

Suffering is never easy.

May have to get up soon.

Well, as soon as this self inflicted 'illness' recedes a touch :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • homers_double

MrsHD has her mothers day pamper day booked for sunday so the boy and I are going fishing. They're little bits of line with pointy (barbless) hooks on the end.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562

MrsHD has her mothers day pamper day booked for sunday so the boy and I are going fishing. They're little bits of line with pointy (barbless) hooks on the end.
    Like I said.... deviant... :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    fishing, surely not in a pond outside? fishing is best done in a bar

packing my life up tonight so avoiding that, on the plus side a Date got a load of pictures of me taken by the grubers put onto canvas for the new place. Even provided hanging hooks, though resting against the wall seems better imo

and my rodeo labs team kit has been posted more kit woot
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,315
    Morning folks,
    I also suspected HD behaviour was some kind of fetish.
    Started writing in here ages ago but was rudely interrupted by customers. How inconsiderate. Managed to wobble in to work today. Bit chilly and the legs didn't really want to play but sunny and not much wind so very pleasant really. Going to pop down Twickenham and have a spot of lunch with the Mrs in a little while. This will be followed by a slow bimble back through Crane Park as a full belly and lack of fitness are not conducive to cycling along a busy main road that is slightly uphill.
    Pesky customers! Just got called in to the shop to serve someone with a complicated enquiry. Not that complicated but too much for yoof to deal with. Better finish what I'm doing and get ready to go to lunch.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Quite nice cycle in here too. could do with it being a few degrees warmer when i set off though, it is either cold in the morning or warm in the evenings at the moment.

Currently deciding what to spend the £30 wiggle voucher my nice and kind sister gave me on, don't really need anything in particular.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • homers_double
    Me?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Could do with some new brake blocks and some morgan blue chain cleaner, i'll PM my address to save the doubling up of postage.

On a serious note, Pedal cover insurance for home/contents on paper excellent (as was the service, cost well that depends what you pay now) Not claimed so can't comment for when it really matters
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Me?

£29.50 and it is yours!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,315
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Me?

£29.50 and it is yours!
    Maybe we can get a bidding war started for it. You might get £40 for it if there's enough interest.
  • homers_double
    Start it at 99p and make sure the auction ends around 8pm on a sunday.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,492
    Not a bad day on the corporate hamster wheel today but year end madness starts tomorrow. I'm off out in a while for a beer or two and a curry to think about it all.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,340
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Quite nice cycle in here too. could do with it being a few degrees warmer when i set off though, it is either cold in the morning or warm in the evenings at the moment.

Currently deciding what to spend the £30 wiggle voucher my nice and kind sister gave me on, don't really need anything in particular.

Return the compliment and buy her a sports Bra. We'll judge whether the fit is good.

Today was mainly comprised of coffee, porage, long drive, Mabie Farm Park, trampolining, sliding down, more trampolining, goats, a guinea pig, some Lamas, sandwiches, lattes, ice cream, a rabbit, a belligerent MIWN*LTF who got shirty when shortie hijacked the pedal tractor (good girl) off her pouty mouth son, straw bales and swings, some jaw dropping MILFS, a long drive back, Quiche and salad, bike fettling, laptop in for repair and emails relating to Gulag closure obstacles.

*Would Not

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Day trip with Mrs B to Mid Wales. Everyman and his dog - literally- were in Barmouth. It was like a Korean farm.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    First chain gang this year. Excellent fun and feeling strong, not that Brad is looking over his shoulder, but relative to me ;-)
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    Slowmart wrote:
    First chain gang this year. Excellent fun and feeling strong, not that Brad is looking over his shoulder, but relative to me ;-)

Brad Pitt isn't very quick on a bike.
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Day trip with Mrs B to Mid Wales. Everyman and his dog - literally- were in Barmouth. It was like a Korean farm.

No idea what a Korean Farm looks like.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Pinno wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Ball bags from Canuck and their lingo is strange, even for the West Midlands.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    Slowmart wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Still better than Stoke then?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,868
    Pinno wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Still better than Stoke then?

Always - had a giggle in Barmouth last Friday