buying advice

Rhodri27
Rhodri27 Posts: 7
edited April 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

I am looking at getting back into :x rding after about 10 years off.

Looking to spend up to a grand maybe stretch the budget a little bit if required.

Just after a bit of advice on a bike as ibe been away from the scene for years. I live in Gloucester so close to the forest of fean and plenty of local trails.

Before I mainly rode cross country and that will probably be the bulk of my riding but hopefully looking for something that could cope with the FOD trail centre and a few trips to bike park wales.

Thanks

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Have a look on Pauls cycles at the Giant Anthem, despite being shorter travel it's very competent on demanding trails, it's also very at home on all day XC jaunts.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    The new Boardman PRO FS has just been awarded 5 stars by our hosts.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Rhodri27
    Rhodri27 Posts: 7
    Hi,

Thanks for that I will have a look, the boardman had caught my eye when I was researching the other day.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The Boardman is a great bike and very good value but obviously stretches your budget a bit
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Have a look at the ex rental bikes at the FOD trail head as well, sometimes a few well maintained bargains down there..
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Some of them get really badly abused though.