Back to work Tuesday

homers_double
homers_double Posts: 8,028
edited March 2016 in The bottom bracket
Late start this morning as Mrs HD, late on saturday night after too much Prosecco decided that dinner for twelve people on bank holiday Monday was a good idea. The recycling bin got a battering this morning!

It snowed this morning, WTF? I took the mud guards off weeks a go and swapped back to my road shoes as summer was on its way.

Blurgh...
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    bleeding cold in the office today.
    See that is why I don't have a Mrs, they make bad decisions that impact the Mr

You live in the UK, it is still March, what did you expect eh

Dealing with some partner college crap and wondering what to have for lunch. Life is full of hard choices
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Morning all,
    The early start this morning was a shock to the system, the traditional slow starts over a 4 day weekend were far too pleasant. To add insult to injury I had to go to the dentist just now to review the hole linking my mouth and sinus where the tooth was removed. Not surprisingly after the way the saga has unfolded I am now being referred for surgery. Tucking fypical! A touch chilly down here first thing, but bright sunshine. Still a bit of a chill to the wind, but the skies are still blue. Ploughing through the work stuff now, need to start chasing quacks later to try and get things moving for the female child.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    blurgh, yep that's a good summary of the start of day

motivation low at the moment, but first two webexes of the day were happily called off due to lack of attendees

mood should improve later, going for a bloated capitalist dinner at a club in berkeley square, where, as we all know, such greats as bertie wooster and harry flashman once resided, i get us in, colleague pays, fair division of labour :)
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Work meh in Solihull impacted Easter dinner drinking at mothers yesterday :(

Got a feeling today is going to be a long day
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,028
    5.30? Get that sorted out mate!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    5:30? I'll be in the pub by then waiting for you, and that includes the trip south of the river
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    Me just ate a jolly ensemble of crisps, nuts, watermelon, banana and dark chocolate washed down with Cranberry Juice. Back to work in a minute or so. Good banter with the remaining (but conducive and effective) minions today. Usually the baling/sorting/generator machinery restricts communication to sign language and loud grunts. Now it's mainly grunts.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • fudgey
    fudgey Posts: 854
    I dont go back till tomorrow

HTH
    My winter bike is exactly the same as my summer bike,,, but dirty...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Flâneur wrote:
    5:30? I'll be in the pub by then waiting for you, and that includes the trip south of the river

Still be in the office nearly two hrs away from home and I've been here since 7.30 :(
  • Flâneur
    So it didn't work out I am still in my office, bonus only 40 minutes from home, give or take 10 minutes for some bad traffic

Attempting to convince the groom that a track session 5-6pm on Saturday is a good idea, We fly at 19:45, just check in the bags at like 4 and then we are fine.

I can't see anything going wrong ergo it is a good idea
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • oldbazza
    oldbazza Posts: 646
    Fudgey wrote:

HTH

I don't go back until next Monday HTH :D

Although I did have to dig the garden today though;out on the bike tomorrow however 8)
    Ridley Helium SL (Dura-Ace/Wheelsmith Aero-dimpled 45 wheels)

Light Blue Robinson(105 +lots of Hope)

Planet X XLS 1X10(105/XTR/Miche/TRP Spyre SLC brakes

Graham Weigh 105/Ultegra
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    What a badly named thread, I've had a day off today :)

Bit of a lie in, went out to that there countryside and let the hound off the leash then found a nice cafe that served up bacon sarnis and coffee while we sat in the sun. Got back bought a new pair of jeans, picked up The Panzer from the LBS who charged surprisingly little for the overhaul. Then washed the communter just in time before it started raining.

Have checked work emails - not too many, and the minions have been behaving, so tomorrow won't be too bad - and a pedal in is on the cards. The only cloud on the horizon is that we are a 31 March year end which means lots of business starts next week.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    What...The only cloud on the horizon is that we are a 31 March year end...

Oh bollox f*ck :roll:
    Fudgey wrote:

HTH

How dare you saunter into my gutter haunt spouting bollox and acronyms.

I'm sill upset at your infringement of Pinno's most excellent mudguard improvement Patent and I am doubly upset that you not only broke copyright, you put the rivets in the wrong way*.

*You won't fit those super deluxe Vittoria Open 27mm that you really want and i'll be the one laughing.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • fudgey
    fudgey Posts: 854
    Ha, you may be pleased to know that i completed my first sportive yesterday and had an annoying rattle from the rear guard from the off....
    25 miles in i realised that the metal mount where it bends for the prong bits had snapped off under the brake bridge.

This was after a couple of rather fast descents so a large peice of wood was touched. At the 35mile stop i took it off and left it at the bike shop where the stop was, which is fortunately not far from where i work so will collect on thursday. Fear not, i will repair it and do it exactly the same as how it was.
    My winter bike is exactly the same as my summer bike,,, but dirty...