Ribble mountain bike

billybodger
billybodger Posts: 30
edited April 2016 in MTB buying advice
Im looking for a new frame that takes 26" wheels and have seen Ribble r4 mtb .
http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-r4 ... ike-frame/
Any one any know anything about them?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    If they can't even be bothered to post a decent picture, give geometry, weight etc, I couldn't be bothered to buy one.

Just looks like a generic frame - you could probably get a whole decent bike for that second hand.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    You can get an On One Inbred or 456 EVO2 for a similar price.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Both rather heavy steel, which may not be what he wants at all.

Very similar (suspiciously so) and cheaper http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/bran ... prod130452
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Except that's 650b with a tapered headtube. But probably also a generic badge up as whatever part.

But easy enough to find a nice SH frame for between £50 and £100, less on a good day.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    Agreed, a good used frame makes much more sense.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Yes thanks for the ideas been looking around for a wile . Im looking to do a cheepish re frame my old 26" hard tail which has decent components on it so dont want to splash the cash on changing the wheel size. Had a look at the 456 evo 2 and a few other steel frames. Been trawling the adds for a second hand something but not seen anything yet. Any ideas?
  • The Rookie
    The Carrera hardtail frames from 05-09 are lightweight and a good ride, pretty much identical weight and geometry to the same age Rockhopper, will take 100 or 120mm forks, come up reasonably frequently on eBay, or get a complete one for £100 upwards and sell on what you don't need. See link in my sig to my very non standard Kraken.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    dartmoor hornet or primal depending on your fork travel
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Look for an old ali Kinesis (or Merlin Malt branded Kinesis) frame.
  • Hi looks like a good build Rookie. I did more or less the same when i first build so have a good selection of bits to put onto a new frame. I ve had a look at the Dartmoor Primeval found a new one on Flebay for £159 new ! They look good but cant seem to find out anything about them, but as this is a budget build im looking to use as much from the old frame as i can. So ive brought a 2012 Genesis core 50 frame . Payed a bit more than i had hoped but its local to me so i can have a look at it before i splash the cash and i can just swap every thing over........?
    But you have given me the thought that i should do something with thia old Carrera subway frame i have found in the back of the shed Rookie.
  • From an add on Pink bike
  • poah
    it's totally lost on you isn't it lol
  • totally .......... :shock:
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I can't believe you missed a chance to fire some abuse at the pedantic grammar troll.
    Best to just ignore that particular ass clown
  • The Rookie
    totally .......... :shock:
    You used 'brought' past tense of bring, not 'bought' past tense of buy.......
  • poah
    I can't believe you missed a chance to fire some abuse at the pedantic grammar troll.
    Best to just ignore me as I'm a particular ass clown biking god that knows everything

fail to see how its pedantic, its totally the wrong use of the word but you're such a fart knocker and only jealous as you missed the chance to correct the OP.
  • The Rookie
    It was pedantry, you knew what it meant you didn't even add to the topic at the same time.....
  • You guys kill me............ :lol::lol::lol: I will remember to use the correct grammar next time.