Cannondale CAAD10 Disc Black Inc

Beatmaker
Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
edited October 2018 in Your road bikes
I bagged the last 56cm CAAD10 Disc frame from Evans and built it up with a mix of old and new components. I'm running TRP Spyre SLC brakes until Campagnolo release their hydraulic brakes, then I'm planning to upgrade to Chorus EPS and hydros. Other parts used in the build are Pro-Lite Revo disc wheels, Campagnolo Athena/FSA K Force Light and Easton finishing kit.

I'm happy with it so far, I do need to adjust to a more aggressive position on the bike after a few years on more relaxed geometry. My back was complaining yesterday!

25486935023_e372fd141b_z.jpg

25967012631_dfb1a95e6d_z.jpg

25484792904_1417f8b925_z.jpg

Comments

• bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Why not make it more relaxed?
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    solboy10 wrote:
    Why not make it more relaxed?

Yeah,good idea,put it on a chaise longue!
  • Beatmaker
    Lol. The issue isn't with the position really, its with my back and I'm doing things to rectify that.
  • bmxboy10
    Been out for a longer ride on mine today. The bike just keeps getting better! These really are great bikes. Very happy with mine.
  • wilkij1975
    wilkij1975 Posts: 531
    Very nice that. Nearly pulled the trigger on one of the Evan's frames myself to replace my Whyte Suffolk (want something a bit more racey) but wasn't really in a position to. Might go for a CAAD 12 disc now but worried about the hard to find seat post size.

How are you finding the wheels? I've had a set for about 9 months now and have been really good. The only complaint was that my tyres were b'stard hard to fit on to the point of breaking tyre levers and pinching tubes!
  • Beatmaker
    I find the wheels fine, though there is only 250km in them so far. Tyres have been fine for me so far, but the Conti GP400s I fitted had already been on a set of wheels for some time, which generally makes them easier to fit to other wheels.
  • wilkij1975
    wilkij1975 Posts: 531
    Yeah I'm liking the wheels. I got my first puncture out on them at the weekend and to be fair the tyre wasn't that hard to get back on (with a little help from a VAR tool). It had pretty much gone down last night though so must have nicked the tube even with being as careful as I was.

Still, lovely bike there.
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    very nice frame, but personally I find those wheels a bit too loud. Stealth Black would be much better and in keeping with the frame
  • bmxboy10
    I have the same bike/build and I agree about the decals. Waiting for someone to de-sticker a pair then I may have a go myself!
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    Very nice. How much were the frames going for?
  • bmxboy10
  • OJS
    OJS Posts: 130
    Solboy/Beatmaker, what rotors are you guys running and what type. Do you know if I can run 140 front and rear and if I need any mounts to do so? Just got those, wheels, stem and post to order, then I can build. Gone for 685 brakes, ultegra elsewhere except KMC chain and Force cranks. Hopefully done in a week or 2.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,489
    Nice bike.
  • bmxboy10
    OJS wrote:
    Solboy/Beatmaker, what rotors are you guys running and what type. Do you know if I can run 140 front and rear and if I need any mounts to do so? Just got those, wheels, stem and post to order, then I can build. Gone for 685 brakes, ultegra elsewhere except KMC chain and Force cranks. Hopefully done in a week or 2.

I used Shimano RT86 160mm Ice Tec rotors front and rear and used the shimano mounts. Must say im liking the Zipp Service Course SL Beyond Black finishing kit....
  • Beatmaker
    very nice frame, but personally I find those wheels a bit too loud. Stealth Black would be much better and in keeping with the frame

I agree, I'll be de-stickering them soon.
  • Beatmaker
    OJS wrote:

I'm running Tektro Lyra 140mm rotors with no adaptors front or rear.
  • OJS
    Wheels ordered. Took a plunge on some wheelsmith 45s and blew my budget competely! Gonna take Solboys recommendation on the beyond black finishing kit. 2 weeks for wheels so hoping done by end April! Cheers for the help!
  • OJS
    Finally done - except not sorted the bars or stem spacers yet, so it should go lower after that. Not removed the safety stickers either and excuse the gear its in, just spotted that.

26493374814_d1c51a8a30.jpg

Ultegra group, bar a Force BB30 chainset.
    Wheelsmith 45s
    685 brakes and TRP rotors

Oh and the tubeless tyres need to go on too once some long valves arrive, and the pedals. Well its not far off!

Very happy with how its turned out, hope it rides well.
  • Resurrecting an old thread here but would anyone have a 56cm black disc frame they'd be interested in parting with ? I had one some years ago but then left the UK. I want to find one again now I'm back.
  • Beatmaker
    Hi Spartacus, I'm literally just about to list mine in eBay, I'll DM you now.
  • Beatmaker, sent you a message fella.