sungod Posts: 16,548
edited March 2016 in The bottom bracket
clocks have all done the timewarp again

just an easy ride around today, and some restorative cafe stops
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,019
    I don't even know what time it is but the sun is out, a bottle is in the cage and I'm up, regretting the last glass of wine but that'll burn off on Blackstone Edge.

Onwards and downwards for half a mile and then upwards!

Beer tonight although I'm not feeling up for it just yet.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Wife's birthday so we are blessed with her family - with the sister in law who looks offended when I said don't use the best dinner service for her 3 yr olds breakfast

They are here till after lunch, it's hard going

Later is drop the kids off at mothers and a night out :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,498
    Tired due to said clock shift, so drinking coffee to compensate before walking the hound. May get some more jobs done later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Still not fully recovered from the flu so no outing today.

Fired up the smoker, just put a shoulder of lamb on so looking forward to a taste-tastic lunch.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    TLW1 wrote:
    Wife's birthday so we are blessed with her family - with the sister in law who looks offended when I said don't use the best dinner service for her 3 yr olds breakfast

They are here till after lunch, it's hard going

Later is drop the kids off at mothers and a night out :)

Our 'best china' comes out for its annual appearance on Xmas Day, which is a shame.
    Not a shame that we only use it once a year but a shame that the plates are smaller than the ones we use the rest of the year and this has a detrimental impact on the size of my dinner. :cry:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    Mainly coughing for Scotland today. Might even go in for the UK championships. So elected not to take toots swimming, despite going to bed earlyish to compensate for the remnants of a WW1 productivity move.

It'll be feet up later for Ghent-Wevelgem.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,019
    Back home after a grueler, 47km into a head wind. Legs gave up after 35 and it started raining.

Might power wash the patio later.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    never seen the point of saving the best china for once or twice a year, takes up valuable space which could be used for chocolate or protein powder.

Velodrome last night so just a casual cafe run with the intermediate crowed to be social this morning, wind rain then some sun.

Easter egg now
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    Blimey, it's already the afternoon. How did that happen?
    Traditional slow start has been had, thankfully new neighbours seem to have gone away for the weeken so all quiet. The old man isn't well so lunch at my 'rents has been postponed until tomorrow. Might follow my nose to try and sniff out Kingstonian's smoker then invite myself in for some scoff. Stalker, me?
    Weather looks grim out, need to jet wash the back yard though.
  • sungod
    easy ride this morning, stopped for espresso and croissant at a cafe near home, staff wearing bunny ears

i'd just finished when a hail storm and howling wind hit, chairs blown across road, roadworks barriers around a deep hole converted into pile of tangled metal , then it poured

glad i wasn't on the bike when it happened

the rest of the day involves food, drink and staying in
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    due to too many bank holidays I didn't know what day it was and now i don't even know what time it is!

Had a surprisingly nice 60 mile ride this morning given how windy it is and didn't start raining until i got home so I'll chalk that one down to a win!

Had a religious news paper pushed through the door today, it said "good news for a change" next to a picture of a guy getting crucified! doesn't seem that good.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    why are the posting times still an hour behind? I'm confused enough already
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • sungod
    timewarp again
  • pinno
    The server is made in China.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Pinno wrote:

Is it the best China that you only use at Xmas.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • pinno
    FishFish wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Is it the best China that you only use at Xmas.

Oven enamelled tin ware for us mate and only during the 4 main pagan festivals of the Spring and vernal equinox, Easter and mid summer when we are at Stonehenge. Sod those b4stard plagiarising Christians.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Flâneur wrote:
    never seen the point of saving the best china for once or twice a year, takes up valuable space which could be used for chocolate or protein powder.

Velodrome last night so just a casual cafe run with the intermediate crowed to be social this morning, wind rain then some sun.

Easter egg now

Me neither. But you're not married are you? :wink:
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Easter egg now

The signs are there that it may change - disappearing off. Shielded comments. No mention of the 'date' for a while. Purchasing new shoes for his best mates wedding - yeah right.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Pinno wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Easter egg now

The signs are there that it may change - disappearing off. Shielded comments. No mention of the 'date' for a while. Purchasing new shoes for his best mates wedding - yeah right.

His life is over

Said the man in a decent cocktail bar waiting for the current wife to return before we bar hop again
  • Flâneur
    so what contents insurance are we all using for our bikes, new for new pref and damage.

And gents I shall enjoy my date free night in the various wine, cocktail and dive bars of a Sunday night
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • sungod
    still on m&s, but there may be better out there, haven't changed it for years
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Easter egg now

The signs are there that it may change - disappearing off. Shielded comments. No mention of the 'date' for a while. No more interest in uplift days. Purchasing new shoes for his best mates wedding - yeah right.
    One more tell tale sign above. He's doomed...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Perhaps he needs to start wearing a helmet - to protect him from the beak.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    I have a full face helmet he can borrow. It also shuts out a lot of the noise.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I have a full face helmet he can borrow. It also shuts out a lot of the noise.

He could go one up:

http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/Peltor-Radio-Ear-Defenders/40-8046?gclid=CJqnkoPr4csCFQkq0wod9kUMlg

Perhaps some of these:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxfgcadowDNk5vVWDM972C0R17ocDXdB4sWyH9dGaABsKWN7USVw
  • Stevo_666
    Or avoid this...

9DIA078.jpg
  • pinno
    ^ Ouch.

Better:

18cee62043eab6d9f070b9e58e43fa2a.jpg
  • pinno
    BTW - I'm not getting up at silly O'Clock tomorrow. Will be down at the gulag at a reasonable time footering around.

:D

Still stuff to do but life now takes on a completely different complexion.
  • Flâneur
    Doomed a may be but I have a month in South Africa to worry about the next Date. And no I ain't buying no diamonds
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Sorry, can you clarify - are you going to SA or is the date?

Are you planning an Oscar Pistorius on her?