edited March 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning peeps

had brekkie, off for an early ride, maybe do some hill repeats

looking forward to an espresso and gianduiotto on the way
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Up early as I'm blessed with kids - not such a bad thing as it gave chance to see just how much of the beach the kids brought back and dumped in the house

Today is the park run with the eldest rugrat who recons we can run 10mins quicker without his younger brother - I think 4 mins as he burns himself out and holds onto the end

Then its off for a ride out to church stretton - think its going to be wet and windy. Then later we have the current wife's family over - can wait (ish)
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Up early because I changed the clock on the wrong day! Been out running and will commence stage 1 of converting my 3*9 to 1*11 - expensive @ £209.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • FishFish
    sungod wrote:
    'ning peeps

maybe do some hill repeats

Is that Benny Hill repeats? I've got a boxed set.

Did not understand the rest because it was in Latin.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Morning ride has been cancelled as I need to be within 30 seconds of a toilet.

Might wash the truck as its about 4 seconds away from one.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Lazy late start to the day. Went out with Significant Other for a pootle through local park, which actually has a decent hill or two in it. Refreshments were had on the way back, followed by extended dip in the pool and Vit D absorption session. 8)

Since then day has been agreeably slack, interrupted only by neighbours having a screaming match.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    after the hills, did a few laps around the park

the last lap included a near death experience when a beardy hipster runnist decided to hurl himself across the road without first looking, i was going rather fast at the time, not sure how i missed him, he jumped liked a startled rat, i only had time for "ARGGGHHH" and "TWATTTTTTTT" as i shot past

i was tempted to go back and see how many kinds of shıt i could kick out of him, but the cafe beckoned
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    FishFish wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    'ning peeps

maybe do some hill repeats

Is that Benny Hill repeats? I've got a boxed set.

Did not understand the rest because it was in Latin.
    I think its Italian for 'I'm more sophisticated than you' ?

Dropped the downhill bike off at the LBS for some essential maintenance, got some supplies and am just sorting through my old clothes to take down the charity shop. Its amazing how much stuff you can accumulate.

Later will be a run with Stropteen hopefully in tow, and watching some footy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    gianduiotto - ornate Italian* chocolate based cake.

(Is there any other type?

Soggy day with toots will be interrupted by two hour break when the wannabe in laws take them way and fill them full of sugary stuff at a local fete (bouncy castle, noise and not a lot else) despite any instructions to the contrary. During that window, I will be tinkering with the over engineered baler which is suffering from PMT - it can penetrate but fails to withdraw. Mechanical coitus interruptus problems, I know how it feels.

laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    gianduiotto.jpg

small italian choc-hazelnut confection, looks like milk choc but it isn't
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    gianduiotto.jpg

Image fail for me...

Given the weather and your username SG you're not doing a very good job...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • FishFish
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    gianduiotto.jpg

Image fail for me...

Given the second part of your user name then you ought to be up for a contest.

• FishFish
    Hyperion to a Sayter would be an appropriate Shakespearian quote.

• pinno
    FishFish wrote:
    Hyperion to a Sayter would be an appropriate Shakespearian quote.

Which one is described as Hyperion and which one is a Claudius?
  • sungod
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    gianduiotto.jpg

Image fail for me...

hmm, displays ok for me

inevitable fallback link... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gianduiotto
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Evening, been celebrating one of the LBS birthday today with a couple of birthday rides im now rather broken, just over 2500M of climbs in two rides, also kept getting mega cramps in one leg. Hey ho lazy evening beer to be drunk etc.
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Evening, been celebrating one of the LBS birthday today with a couple of birthday rides im now rather broken, just over 2500M of climbs in two rides, also kept getting mega cramps in one leg. Hey ho lazy evening beer to be drunk etc.

Where? When? How far? How long?
  • Good Evening All
    Having a productive weekend painting my kitchen. I had no idea how much property I am paying a mortgage for until I started painting the bugger.
    Much excitement now as the local filth are parked at the bottom of the drive. Fuckin hope they ain't comin here.
    Night all.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    gianduiotto.jpg

Image fail for me...

hmm, displays ok for me

inevitable fallback link... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gianduiotto
    Thanks. Looks like an Italian Quality Street :)
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Where? When? How far? How long?

Local bike shop Strikes in Woburn sands two rides, earlier today road on taking in three evil hill, Lidlington, Ridgemont an Brickhill Afternoon we went out off road an just climbed anything we could find on the local trails. about six hours in the saddle in total and about 30 miles. Both in groups not really about speed I averaged just over 12mph last week we did a little longer an averaged 19, just depends who comes with us on the day.