andy9964
andy9964 Posts: 930
edited March 2016 in Road buying advice
404 error

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,804
    Not even true. Apparently.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • prhymeate
    prhymeate Posts: 795
    I think OP might be referring to this https://speedx.com/smartbike/product/en/
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    If it looks too good to be true....
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    User posting nonsense throughout the forum

search.php?author_id=633104&sr=posts
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    it looks generic. but with proprietary bits. not for me...
  • johnmcl7
    johnmcl7 Posts: 162
    The spec of this bike just looks hilarious for the price, I just can't see how it would be even remotely feasible to ship something of that spec for the price - their pro bike is around £1400 which gets you Ultegra Di2, carbon aeroframe with smart features, carbon bars and carbon wheels.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,272
    As good as those TVs with integrated VHS recorder in the 90s, so when you break one, you can throw away both, smart idea for a bicycle, which can be thrashed within 10 minutes from new...
    left the forum March 2023
  • stu-bim
    stu-bim Posts: 384
    Packaged well but nothing special about it that it should be on crowdfunding site

They have built their own bike computer and cadence sensor but not much else I can see

Looks well tho but not sure if I would be interested

Could get the same set up from planet x and they have some history
    Raleigh RX 2.0
    Diamondback Outlook
    Planet X Pro Carbon
  • johnmcl7
    johnmcl7 Posts: 162
    You wouldn't be able to get anything close to this spec for that price on Planet X though, their Ultegra Di2 aero bike is £2,500 and that's without carbon wheels or the smart frame.

I'm perhaps too cynical but the advantage of kickstarter is if you fail to deliver the product, you can keep the money as Kickstarter are remarkably hands off when the process goes wrong. I'm not saying it's a deliberate scam but it just looks entirely unrealistic particularly when their initial funding goal was just $50,000 so it's not even as if they'd planned being able to do a huge bulk purchase to get the price down.