New Purchase

M9DBO
M9DBO Posts: 175
edited March 2016 in MTB buying advice
Rock Shox Reverb Dropper 125mm for my Five. Amazing. Been out twice!! OMG. I'm going to love this.
I am the Orange stereotype and loving it.

Comments

• kickaxe
    kickaxe Posts: 446
    Stealth?
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
    -A new Giant Trance 3 2015!
  • M9DBO
    Kickaxe wrote:
    Stealth?

Yeah. It took the shop over an hour and a half to fit it. Cranks were off after 40 minutes of trying to feed the cable through. Pleased I didn't try.
  • kickaxe
    What kind of horrible shop is that?!
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Probably pretty common to be fair, the cable/hose can be fed through the BB housing without the BB being removed if you are lucky so a,ways worth a go, I spent a lot longer than 40 minutes trying to do it that way before giving in and removing the bottom bracket.
  • kickaxe
    I guess I must have been lucky with a friends bike, it worked well on that. Haven't gotten myself one quite yet though it is the next upgrade.
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
  • M9DBO
    Kickaxe wrote:
    I guess I must have been lucky with a friends bike, it worked well on that. Haven't gotten myself one quite yet though it is the next upgrade.

Even though I had read quite a bit online and all of the reviews having quotes like... "best upgrade I've even made" and "transformed my MTB experience", I was thinking "yeah I really want one", with much of that feeling being driven by the fact that it's a gadget, I didn't expect it to really feel SO different out on the bike.

Believe all of the hype and comments. The ability to drop the seat moving into a DH section and the extra control that then leads to, is transformational.

#lovingit
  • kickaxe
    Sounds good! I found one on sale online and am planning to get it within the next month about...
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
  • kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    Kickaxe wrote:
    What kind of horrible shop is that?!

Surely it wasn't monkeys from HAlfords, they would have done it in 5min....
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Stealth cable routing can be a real bitch with some frames, unless you have 10" long fingers with eyes on the end.