New Bottom Bracket for my canyon

skinnydog1973
skinnydog1973 Posts: 114
edited March 2016 in Workshop
Hi im after a bit of help coz im clueless, I have a canyon 2014 cf sl 9.0 and lately Ive been getting an awful noise when im riding it especially when im going uphill and putting the power on, plus when im going over bumpy roads its making an awful racquet,im going to fit a new bottom bracket to it but wasn't sure which is the one I need, I checked the canyon website and it says its a shimano pressfit so was wondering would this one from crc fit dura ace bb9000 English thread 68 mm thanks for any help

Comments

• redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    No. You have a pressfit BB (BB86 iirc) and the dura ace is a threaded BB.

If the noise is present when you are going over bumpy roads then it could be something else. Lift the bike a couple of inches and drop it, see if you hear the noise. If so it could be a loose headset or even spokes.
  • thanks for the reply ive looked around and I can get one off planet x for £20 cheers
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    You may also want to school yourself on how to remove and install the BB. A little more involved than the threaded type. Park tools, YouTube, etc. websites have tutorials. It's not super difficult to install and can be done without special tools but make sure you know exactly what you're doing or you could fecker up the frame/BB.