Which one of the following bikes

ricgreen
ricgreen Posts: 103
edited March 2016 in Road buying advice
Dear all
I have chosen the following bikes and can't decide which one,
Price wise I can get them all for within £50 of each other.
The flat bar roadies/ hybrids are
Btwin triban 520
Trek FX 7.5
Specialized Sirrus sport
Specialized Sirrus sport disc

Where would your money go for one of the above
I will post up some links

Please give your views/choices and reasons if possible .

Thanks

Comments

• ricgreen
    The Trek 7.5 is a 2015 model
    The Btwin triban 520 is a flat bar not the drop bar as the link shows
  • ricgreen
    All
    any advice really would be appreciated regarding the bikes I have linked
    I've ridden the Btwin 520, The Trek 7.5 fx, and the Specialized Sirrus sport.
    All felt pretty good and hence why I can't decide.

Thanks in advance for your views.
  • oxoman wrote:
    For me the Trek it has carbon forks is ten speed and has tiagra gearing. The next would be the Btwin as carbon forks with sora gearing if the spec is right for the flat bar version. The two specialized sirrus,s wouldn't get a look in as overpriced and lower spec gearing, they are also pretty heavy as well. I liked my old sirrus but soon realised that I had not done my homework properly, don't get me wrong the bike was ok but could've done a lot better for my money.
    I read this and thought wow! That Trek must be serious value for money if it's within £50 of the Triban. But I checked and found the Triban 520 is £380 and the Trek 7.5FX is £750. Am I missing something?
  • Oops I've just noticed you've got an offer on a 2015 Trek 7.5 FX. Get it, it's a no-brainer. Tiagra is significantly better than Sora, never mind the extra cog.
  • ForumNewbie
    ForumNewbie Posts: 1,664
    I've had a Sirrus Elite for 6 years and I still like to use it despite having other bikes. The Sirrus has a triple chainset which I think is better than a compact, especially on a hybrid. Just make sure if buying off t'internet you make sure you get the right size for you - I see that the Trek has only one size left.
  • ricgreen
    I've tried the Trek, it's a smart looking bike as well
    And size wise 20' is the right size for me.
  • ricgreen
    Thanks to the people who replied to the topic,
    It's the Trek 7.5 FX that I'm going for.

Thanks again.