Mantel?

Chris71127
Chris71127 Posts: 71
edited November 2016 in Road buying advice
Has anyone bought from them and was the experience good?

They seem to have a set of 55mm areo wheels that would suit my bmc a treat for a good price.

Many thanks

Comments

• redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Yes, bought a couple of things from there. Excellent service, items shipped within 24 hours with tracked delivery, arriving the next day.
  • Sounds great. Be interested to see if anyone has experience of the wheels they sell under their own name.
  • pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    Made my first order from them recently. Item arrived exactly when promised and had an email on the morning of delivery with a 1hr time slot.
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    Yeah I got a gabba from them for £65 in their Black Friday sale. Excellent service!
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    That's good to know. They seem to have some pretty good prices on a lot of stuff so might have to give them a try.
  • Thanks for the replies. Won't hesitate to use them now.
    Does anyone have any experience of their own brand wheels? Think they are made or influenced by edco
  • JoostG
    JoostG Posts: 189
    Chris71127 wrote:
    Thanks for the replies. Won't hesitate to use them now.
    Does anyone have any experience of their own brand wheels? Think they are made or influenced by edco

On the Dutch cycling forum "Fiets" some people shared their positive experiences with those wheels. As I understand Mantel supplies Edco with the components and Edco builds the wheelsets.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    They're the Dutch CRC, sponsor the local women's club
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • neilr4
    neilr4 Posts: 161
    I live in the Netherlands and use them quite often, service is excellent!!!

Neil.
    'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE
    SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'
  • jdee84
    jdee84 Posts: 288
    I bought their 50mm Carbon Clinchers just before Christmas they came with a pair of Continental gp 4000 25mm tyres in a Christmas deal and arrived in N.Ireland 2 days after ordering them.

I only got them on the a week and a half ago, I've done about 400 miles on them since then and have really enjoyed them, they're lighter than the stock dt swiss wheels that came on my bike which are now 3 years old.

These Mantel wheels do seem to provide an aero benefit I've managed to hold higher avg speeds generally for my usual rides since using them, they feel stiff when climbing and speeds about 20 mph seem easier to hold on the flat.
  • Hi,

Anyone was any experience with Mantel wheels? If yes what is the feedback?

I´m interested in a new set of wheels, and this Mantel wheels seams with good specs and not very expensive:

https://www.mantel.com/pt/mantel-38m...0zMCNzdGFydDY=

For what i can see it´s Chinese carbon rims but assemble and controled by edco with inspires a little more confidence in the build, but i was not able to find many feedback of this wheels.

Thanks
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    Hi,

I´m interested in a new set of wheels, and this Mantel wheels seams with good specs and not very expensive:

For what i can see it´s Chinese carbon rims but assemble and controled by edco with inspires a little more confidence in the build, but i was not able to find many feedback of this wheels.

Thanks

Link doesn't work for me?
  • Beatmaker wrote:
    Hi,

Thanks

Link doesn't work for me?

Probably different country store

https://www.mantel.com/uk/mantel-38mm-f ... d-wheelset

But a search by Mantel 38mm gives the model page
  • I've used them before, all good. But if they're beating CRC, Wiggle, etc. at the moment on price with the £ so low, then the latter need to start scratching heads.....
  • I've used them before, all good. But if they're beating CRC, Wiggle, etc. at the moment on price with the £ so low, then the latter need to start scratching heads.....

Cosine wheels (wiggle own brand) are a little bit cheaper but without tyres (Mantel offers a set od Continental GP 4000 II

But honestly Mantel offers me more confidence in the quality and build.

Did you have any problems with Mantel Wheels? What is you feedback?

Thanks

Cosine wheels (wiggle own brand) are a little bit cheaper but without tyres (Mantel offers a set od Continental GP 4000 II

But honestly Mantel offers me more confidence in the quality and build.

Did you have any problems with Mantel Wheels? What is you feedback?

Thanks

I didn't buy wheels from them, I got my 3T Aeronova LTD handlebar from them as they had the best price (and in stock which is rare).

They were very good as the UK price was cheaper, so they brought their Euro price down to match for me. They had a deal on the Vittoria Graphene Speed tub as well but I was umming and ahhing, so they chucked it in for 50E, which was a bargain.

My new goto bike shop!
  • neilr4
    Great store here in the Netherlands I use them a lot BUT with their own branded wheels can give trouble with the front hub letting in water on wet rides. Now I myself wouldn't race in the rain with full carbon wheels but if I did get caught out I'd like the peace of mind knowing I didn't have to disassemble my front hub afterwards.

I will be buying new full carbon clinchers next year and for the money my number 1 choice is Cosine from wiggle.
  • neilr4 wrote:
    Great store here in the Netherlands I use them a lot BUT with their own branded wheels can give trouble with the front hub letting in water on wet rides. Now I myself wouldn't race in the rain with full carbon wheels but if I did get caught out I'd like the peace of mind knowing I didn't have to disassemble my front hub afterwards.

I will be buying new full carbon clinchers next year and for the money my number 1 choice is Cosine from wiggle.

You also get the benefit of the Wiggle customer service/warranty as opposed to be a foreign based retailer. I can't imagine much real world performance differences at this level either
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2
  • I've used Mantel (I live in the UK) and my order was delivered 3 days later. I bought a set of Challenge Cross tyres no one in the UK stocked.
  • neilr4
    Teebs_123 wrote:
    You also get the benefit of the Wiggle customer service/warranty as opposed to be a foreign based retailer. I can't imagine much real world performance differences at this level either

I live a 20 minute drive from Mantel and it is an excellent store but I myself will be going with a foreign retailer with wiggle should I choose "own brand" wheels!!!