Power2max compatability

teebs_123
teebs_123 Posts: 357
edited March 2016 in Road buying advice
Currently run a Trek Madone with the BB90 bottom bracket & Kinesis with a English Shimano bottom bracket (68mm). It's my understanding that a FSA P2M with run on both bikes ok?

Is there anything else that I would need to consider? Also, what's the best payment option as PayPal in Euros seems to give a poor FX rate

Andy
Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
Kinesis 4s Di2

Comments

• mattbell
    mattbell Posts: 203
    if you can do a bank transfer look into transferwise or similar. I recently used them for an EU purchase and their rate was a lot better than my bank / paypal.
  • FSA does not always fit a standard shimano bb. There is a slight difference in the standard even though they are both 24mm. If you can afford to go to the Rotor 3d24 cranks they are much better than the FSA for compatibility (much better cranks too).
    My first P2M was a FSA gossamer version, but soon changed to Rotor as the FSA bb's were expensive rubbish
    Transferwise is the method I have always paid P2M with. Never had a problem, and one of the best exchange rates.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    It will fit but as the spindle is actually 24.1mm you'll need a hammer on hand to remove it. The Rotor 3D is well worth the difference in price (had both and sold the FSA to buy a second Rotor 3D P2M).
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg