Stybar
    Vanmarke
    Sagan

Expect to join club
    Vanmarke
    Sagan

Prefer didn't join the club
    Wiggins

+1 to tony martin,hope he carries on what he done a bit more of recently and put it all on the road in road races, such an engine he must be in with a good shout of winning some big big races
  • Shadowrider
    Shadowrider Posts: 483
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Like to join club
    Contador
    Tony Martin
    Stybar
    Vanmarke
    Sagan

Expect to join club
    Vanmarke
    Sagan

Wiggins

Vanmarke won't ever win a monument, ever.
  • dish_dash wrote:
    I'm not buying it. He looks the sort

TBF - the dislike of Bling is no more irrational than my dislike of Sagan... I guess he's got the worlds but I'd be amused if he never takes a monument...

That and I'm not willing to admit that i'm hugely prejudiced against Australian sportspeople.

Ah, look.It's the only form of racism I allow myself. You knaw?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • TheBigBean wrote:
    Like to join club
    Contador
    Tony Martin
    Stybar
    Vanmarke
    Sagan

Expect to join club
    Vanmarke
    Sagan

Wiggins

Vanmarke won't ever win a monument, ever.

He needs to get the help out of Jumbo. 3 good team mates and he's going to win a Floubaix.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Needs to switch teams perhaps
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    RR, next time you're shooting the breeze with DaveB tell him he needs to sign Vanmarcke to complete his classics squad.
  • Needs to switch teams perhaps

Auto correct softened my position there.

Should have read "get the hell out"

@gietvangent
  • src1
    src1 Posts: 301
    I'd like to see Sagan and Thomas join the club.

I don't want anyone from Astana to join the club, but especially Nibali. Is it too late?
  • SRC1 wrote:

I don't want anyone from Astana to join the club, but especially Nibali. Is it too late?

Yes. Because he won Lombardy last year

@gietvangent
  • src1
    src1 Posts: 301
    SRC1 wrote:

Yes. Because he won Lombardy last year

I might have to narrow my criteria down to spring classics then.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Want:
    Johan Le Bon
    Olivier Le Gac
    A Yates twin
    Bling Matthews
    Mitch Docker
    Chris Juul-Jensen
    Gaviria

Don't want:
    Anyone riding for Sky
    Anyone riding for Astana
    Anyone riding for Katusha
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    I'd be pleased if my daughter joined the Monuments club. She's riding the Tour of Flanders
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    *searches for hints for who proto cold be*
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    She's riding Dwars door Vlanderaan on Wednesday which will be a bit a rehearsal. She'll be thrilled if she manages to get a finishing time.
  • proto wrote:
    She's riding Dwars door Vlanderaan on Wednesday which will be a bit a rehearsal. She'll be thrilled if she manages to get a finishing time.

Assuming they're not one and the same, would she be interested in doing an interview that week as the main British protagonists in teh Women's Flanders don't want to and I want to do something on the women's race. PM me if you would like to discuss.

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    #Journowhore :P
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    #Journowhore :P

Whore implies I get paid...

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    #journohussy?
    - @ddraver
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    #journoanyone'sforabiscuit
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • Journo loves the sport and likes to tell the untold/other side of the story

@gietvangent
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    ...for a biscuit
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    ...for a beer
  • dish_dash wrote:
    ...for a beer

Ah beer... my one weakness. My Achilles' heel, if you will

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    right I'm gonna watch that in the bath....
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    dish_dash wrote:
    ...for a beer

Ah beer... my one weakness. My Achilles' heel, if you will
    Here’s to alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • I'm surprised no one mentioned Kwiatkowski, as he's surely likely to be in the reckoning for a few years, no?
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    I'm surprised no one mentioned Kwiatkowski, as he's surely likely to be in the reckoning for a few years, no?
    You mean he didn't win MSR last Saturday.
    I could swear I saw him cross the Finish line first.

I know they keep moving it, so I hope they all fall in the Harbour. :twisted:
    That could be interesting.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • LeePaton
    LeePaton Posts: 353
    I'm surprised no one mentioned Kwiatkowski, as he's surely likely to be in the reckoning for a few years, no?

I think he threw away any hope of one when he left Ettix. Which is slightly ironic given their current tactical ability.
    It's not so much about winning, I just hate losing.
  • Shadowrider
    Shadowrider Posts: 483
    LeePaton wrote:

I think he threw away any hope of one when he left Ettix. Which is slightly ironic given their current tactical ability.

He showed at the weekend this is absolute nonsense.