New Cervelo's

sweet725
sweet725 Posts: 5
edited March 2016 in Road buying advice
So I test rode the new Cervelo S3 and really really liked it. Jumped on the S5 and loved it. That said i know i could be happy with either, but like the S5 that much more. I don't race, just do fast club rides. Here is my dilemma. Should I
#1. Buy the S3 and a set for zip 404 firecrest, or
#2. Buy the S5 and ride around on the cheap magics it comes with for the next year, year and half, till i can upgrade wheels?
The cost of the S3 with zipps is about equal to the cost of the S5.

Thanks

Comments

• defride
    defride Posts: 277
    sweet725 wrote:
    So I test rode the new Cervelo S3 and really really liked it. Jumped on the S5 and loved it. That said i know i could be happy with either, but like the S5 that much more. I don't race, just do fast club rides. Here is my dilemma. Should I
    #2. Buy the S5 and ride around on the cheap magics it comes with for the next year, year and half, till i can upgrade wheels?

Thanks

If you get the S3 the memory of the S5 will nag at you... Zipp's are good but so are 1/3 the price handbuilts from various wheelbuilders. Were it me I'd get the S5 and an interim wheel
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    S5 is really, really ugly though....
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    defride wrote:
    sweet725 wrote:

Thanks

If you get the S3 the memory of the S5 will nag at you... Zipp's are good but so are 1/3 the price handbuilts from various wheelbuilders. Were it me I'd get the S5 and an interim wheel
    ^This
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    S5 and some wheelsmith 60's. Job done.
  • sweet725

Wheelsmiths?????? Where do I find those?
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    sweet725 wrote:

Google is your friend

http://www.wheelsmith.co.uk/#!powertap/ ... d2945c4518
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Saving money is not point here, methinks.
  • sweet725
    arlowood wrote:
    sweet725 wrote:

Google is your friend

http://www.wheelsmith.co.uk/#!powertap/ ... d2945c4518

Googled it....but I'm in the states, so it didn't come up. google is anti UK here.haha
    Thanks man Ill check it out.
  • sweet725
    JGSI wrote:
    Saving money is not point here, methinks.

I racce motocross and train on my bicycle. So i only have about 5k or so to spend. Dirt bikes racing get pricey quick.
    I was just hoping on here some one could shed some light on the S3/Zipp situation since I've never ridden on zipp's. I have a CAAD 9 that I put mavic cosmic carbines on and it made a big difference on stiffness/ride. I can get that set up for about $5200 here. (S3/Zipp). So Im most def stuck at the 5K mark! Wish it was more like 7K...