Forum home Road cycling forum The cake stop

BBC2 - Eggheads - FIXED!!

mr_goomr_goo Posts: 3,755
edited March 2016 in The cake stop
Firstly I will say that I detest this programme and have always thought that the questions are weighted in favour of the 'Home Team' (brainiacs) and very rarely see the contenders win. However last year when there was quite a considerable sum of money to be won, the Eggheads were suddenly overcome by amnesia when challenged by a team all wheelchair bound contestants.
From then on the standing joke in the Goo household is that you have to disabled or blind to win Eggheads.

And now tonight Tuesday 17th March 2016, the same happens again.
This time the challenging team were a ladies team all suffering from the alopecia condition. They stated at the very outset of the contest that if they won all proceeds would go to researching the condition. So there you have it. A jackpot of £29,000 and the Eggheads memory was no better than a team of octogenarians with dementia. The deciding question was to the 2 remaining Eggheads and it was on Celtic mythology, which was a specialist subject of one of them. The eyes just glazed over, he mumbled a load of nonsense to pretend he was reasoning out the question and answered wrong.......
Quelle Surprise!!!!
£29k to alopecia research. Which I'm not in anyway saying is not deserving. But this was so obviously fixed.
Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.

Posts

  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 6,725
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Firstly I will say that I detest this programme and have always thought that the questions are weighted in favour of the 'Home Team' (brainiacs) and very rarely see the contenders win. However last year when there was quite a considerable sum of money to be won, the Eggheads were suddenly overcome by amnesia when challenged by a team all wheelchair bound contestants.
    From then on the standing joke in the Goo household is that you have to disabled or blind to win Eggheads.

    And now tonight Tuesday 17th March 2016, the same happens again.
    This time the challenging team were a ladies team all suffering from the alopecia condition. They stated at the very outset of the contest that if they won all proceeds would go to researching the condition. So there you have it. A jackpot of £29,000 and the Eggheads memory was no better than a team of octogenarians with dementia. The
    deciding question was to the 2 remaining Eggheads and it was on Celtic mythology,
    which was a specialist subject of one of them. The eyes just glazed over, he mumbled a load of nonsense to pretend he was reasoning out the question and answered wrong.......
    Quelle Surprise!!!!
    £29k to alopecia research. Which I'm not in
    anyway saying is not deserving. But this was
    so obviously fixed.
    I caught the last 5 mins of egg heads today and noticed the egg heads had lost 3 of their players for the final round which is pretty rare, then I noticed today's female team of literal egg heads and fix came to mind.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • joe2008joe2008 Posts: 1,531
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Firstly I will say that I detest this programme and have always thought that the questions are weighted in favour of the 'Home Team' (brainiacs) and very rarely see the contenders win. However last year when there was quite a considerable sum of money to be won, the Eggheads were suddenly overcome by amnesia when challenged by a team all wheelchair bound contestants.
    From then on the standing joke in the Goo household is that you have to disabled or blind to win Eggheads.

    And now tonight Tuesday 17th March 2016, the same happens again.
    This time the challenging team were a ladies team all suffering from the alopecia condition. They stated at the very outset of the contest that if they won all proceeds would go to researching the condition. So there you have it. A jackpot of £29,000 and the Eggheads memory was no better than a team of octogenarians with dementia. The deciding question was to the 2 remaining Eggheads and it was on Celtic mythology, which was a specialist subject of one of them. The eyes just glazed over, he mumbled a load of nonsense to pretend he was reasoning out the question and answered wrong.......
    Quelle Surprise!!!!
    £29k to alopecia research. Which I'm not in anyway saying is not deserving. But this was so obviously fixed.

    but you still watch it
  • rick_chaseyrick_chasey Posts: 52,624 Lives Here
    Is this the program i see the last 2 mins of every time I've recorded strictly it takes two??
  • mr_goomr_goo Posts: 3,755
    joe2008 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Firstly I will say that I detest this programme and have always thought that the questions are weighted in favour of the 'Home Team' (brainiacs) and very rarely see the contenders win. However last year when there was quite a considerable sum of money to be won, the Eggheads were suddenly overcome by amnesia when challenged by a team all wheelchair bound contestants.
    From then on the standing joke in the Goo household is that you have to disabled or blind to win Eggheads.

    And now tonight Tuesday 17th March 2016, the same happens again.
    This time the challenging team were a ladies team all suffering from the alopecia condition. They stated at the very outset of the contest that if they won all proceeds would go to researching the condition. So there you have it. A jackpot of £29,000 and the Eggheads memory was no better than a team of octogenarians with dementia. The deciding question was to the 2 remaining Eggheads and it was on Celtic mythology, which was a specialist subject of one of them. The eyes just glazed over, he mumbled a load of nonsense to pretend he was reasoning out the question and answered wrong.......
    Quelle Surprise!!!!
    £29k to alopecia research. Which I'm not in anyway saying is not deserving. But this was so obviously fixed.

    but you still watch it

    By default. Mrs Goo for some unknown reason tunes into it. And I sit there constantly annoying her that it's a fix.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • capt_slogcapt_slog Posts: 3,443
    Mr Goo wrote:

    By default. Mrs Goo for some unknown reason tunes into it. And I sit there constantly annoying her that it's a fix.


    I used to watch this when I went to visit my mum, I think she mainly watched it because she liked to see CJ get knocked out. She prefers The Chase now.

    I also often said it was a fix, because the questions seemed to go the way of the Eggheads too often, almost along the lines of "What's your favourite colour?" :lol:

    The only thing that stopped it being a fix for me (other than as you claim that they 'want' a certain team to win) is the fact that there is no gain to the show in term of money. The prize goes up regardless, if they don't give away £1000 this week, they'll give away £2000 the next, etc..


    The older I get, the better I was.

  • joe2008joe2008 Posts: 1,531
    Mr Goo wrote:
    joe2008 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Firstly I will say that I detest this programme and have always thought that the questions are weighted in favour of the 'Home Team' (brainiacs) and very rarely see the contenders win. However last year when there was quite a considerable sum of money to be won, the Eggheads were suddenly overcome by amnesia when challenged by a team all wheelchair bound contestants.
    From then on the standing joke in the Goo household is that you have to disabled or blind to win Eggheads.

    And now tonight Tuesday 17th March 2016, the same happens again.
    This time the challenging team were a ladies team all suffering from the alopecia condition. They stated at the very outset of the contest that if they won all proceeds would go to researching the condition. So there you have it. A jackpot of £29,000 and the Eggheads memory was no better than a team of octogenarians with dementia. The deciding question was to the 2 remaining Eggheads and it was on Celtic mythology, which was a specialist subject of one of them. The eyes just glazed over, he mumbled a load of nonsense to pretend he was reasoning out the question and answered wrong.......
    Quelle Surprise!!!!
    £29k to alopecia research. Which I'm not in anyway saying is not deserving. But this was so obviously fixed.

    but you still watch it

    By default. Mrs Goo for some unknown reason tunes into it. And I sit there constantly annoying her that it's a fix.

    you have two remotes?
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,772
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

    By default. Mrs Goo for some unknown reason tunes into it. And I sit there constantly annoying her that it's a fix.


    I used to watch this when I went to visit my mum, I think she mainly watched it because she liked to see CJ get knocked out. She prefers The Chase now.

    I also often said it was a fix, because the questions seemed to go the way of the Eggheads too often, almost along the lines of "What's your favourite colour?" :lol:

    The only thing that stopped it being a fix for me (other than as you claim that they 'want' a certain team to win) is the fact that there is no gain to the show in term of money. The prize goes up regardless, if they don't give away £1000 this week, they'll give away £2000 the next, etc..

    I suppose doing the prize money that way enables the makers to increase the 'tension' for comparatively little cost.
  • DeVlaeminckDeVlaeminck Posts: 6,328
    More of a Pointless man myself, though I do find the frequency with which a knowledge of film actors is required as if that were one of the main areas of human knowledge a little irritating.
    AFC Mercia women - sign for us
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,772
    My missus is a fan of The Chase. It always baffles me why people who evidently have only limited general knowledge and in some cases are as thick as pigshit, feel the need to demonstrate their limitations on national telly.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 7,528
    ballysmate wrote:
    It always baffles me why people who evidently have only limited general knowledge and in some cases are as thick as pigshit, feel the need to demonstrate their limitations on national telly.

    Oi, that's the great British voting public you're badmouthing there.
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 6,725
    ballysmate wrote:
    My missus is a fan of The Chase. It always baffles me why people who evidently have only limited general knowledge and in some cases are as thick as pigshit, feel the need to demonstrate their limitations on national telly.
    If I'm home by 5 I'll stick the chase on and I won't blame the Missus for what I'm watching like some of you :wink:
    I like the chase for its good natured humour. Bradley Walsh holds the show together well, the chasers are good value and the questions are pretty easy which gives me a chance :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • chris_basschris_bass Posts: 4,913
    More of a Pointless man myself,

    I've had similar said about me!
    Mr Goo wrote:
    wheelchair bound contestants.
    From then on the standing joke in the Goo household is that you have to disabled or blind to win Eggheads.

    Intentional pun?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,772
    seanoconn wrote:
    ballysmate wrote:
    My missus is a fan of The Chase. It always baffles me why people who evidently have only limited general knowledge and in some cases are as thick as pigshit, feel the need to demonstrate their limitations on national telly.
    If I'm home by 5 I'll stick the chase on and I won't blame the Missus for what I'm watching like some of you :wink:
    I like the chase for its good natured humour. Bradley Walsh holds the show together well, the chasers are good value and the questions are pretty easy which gives me a chance :D

    Well Sean would you have outrun the chaser today?
    Agree re Bradley Walsh. He was also surprisingly good in Law & Order UK.
Sign In or Register to comment.