S-Works Tarmac bling edition.

Carbon overlord
Carbon overlord Posts: 152
edited March 2016 in Your road bikes
Pictures speak a thousand words... :mrgreen: :twisted: Enjoy. Rides well. I've also got some Obermayer's on the way too.

received_10156655560235080.jpeg

received_10156655560345080.jpeg

received_10156655560120080.jpeg

received_10156655560730080.jpeg

received_10156655559735080%257E2.jpeg

received_10156655560520080.jpeg

received_10156655561095080.jpeg

received_10156655559915080.jpeg

Comments

• KevinA
    KevinA Posts: 492
    That shouldn't be allowed on the road, beautiful
  • You've just got to take that initial gulp and go for it! Needless to say the Lightweight's don't budge a mm. Very stiff, so that gulp gets you a fair way down the road! 8)

Obermayer wheelset will be better still at sub 1kg the pair.
  • Awesomeness !! Gonna look even better with the Obermayers

If only I had some cash to make you an offer for your Gipfelsturms !!
  • They will be sticking around @SimonGoesSideways as I've only just bought them last month or so, (and without trying to sound a w@n*€r), I don't need to sell anything to fund my habits. :wink:
  • Yeh I imagine you would be keeping these wheels @ £3500 a pair !

I was only joking a bit as those wheels would be 150% more expensive than my bike anyway heheh
  • Haha, yes, you'd be right about the wheels! :lol:

What are you riding? I'm sure it's awesome!
  • Mine is a Cervelo R3 which I got a few weeks ago, I did put a post up about it which is a few below your post. Yeh it's pretty awesome to me coming from hardtail MTB's. Knocked 1m 31s off 1.5mile climbing segment from 8.42 (11kg MTB Hardtail) down to 7.11 (R3). And that was just on the 3rd time out on it.
  • jrich
    jrich Posts: 278
    Wowzers!!!! that is a beauty, bet it's stunning in the flesh.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Excellent build, enjoy in good health!
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Mine is a Cervelo R3 which I got a few weeks ago, I did put a post up about it which is a few below your post. Yeh it's pretty awesome to me coming from hardtail MTB's. Knocked 1m 31s off 1.5mile climbing segment from 8.42 (11kg MTB Hardtail) down to 7.11 (R3). And that was just on the 3rd time out on it.

Fabulous, always good to know you're investment are worth while isn't it! I do a lot of mtb here in the Lake District, I find it really helps to plant you on the road bikes and gives your handling skills that edge over a non-mtb rider! I'll check the Cervelo shortly!
  • Thanks Jrich & Slowmart. Certainly goes well! Not really sure what else I could do to this one now other than ride it! :wink:
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    What chainring combination are you running on that? 34-52/3?
  • Just 50/34 - 11/28 @ravey1981. Lots of steep hills around here! I live around 15 miles from Hardknott pass and Wrynose pass - you need everything you can on those 30% monsters! :roll:
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    Just an optical illusion then, the difference between them looks huge. Tough climbs up there. I'm in the dales and have fleets moss and buttertubs nearby. 34-25 is ok for those but wouldn't want to be going much steeper on that gear. New bike will have a 28. Stunning bike by the way, what does it weigh all in?
  • It was around 14lb with clinchers so would think it'll be getting towards 13lb with tubs. I'll have to weigh it, won't I!

Yes, I used to regularly drive over to Kirkby Lonsdale and have a bike off around the Dales. If I'm really brave I'd sometimes bike from home but it's 130 mile round trip and quite a day out for climbing!
  • Looks nice, good work OP
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Looks nice, good work OP

Yes, it's nice, thanks. Just ordered the Specialized Power saddle (well 3 of them for the 3 bikes) to swap it for the S-Works full carbon. So if anyone wants to buy an S-Works Toupé then let me know! :lol:
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    tad envious here, may have to change my toy.

Tempted with the saddle, but want to try a Power.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Nice. You still own the Venge and the Colnago ? Can you compare this with the Colnago ? Was it a C50 or 60 ?
  • Power saddles are good, or should I say, they're good for me and my riding style. Specialized do offer a 30 day no quibble return on saddles if you buy through an authorised dealer - So you can try one and if you don't get on then you get your money back. Hope that helps!

I'll be listing the saddle on here shortly no doubt; when I get around to collecting the power saddles.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Stunning machine!
  • redvision wrote:
    Stunning machine!

Thanks, it is. The orange colour is great!
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Not a Spesh fanboy but I had a ride on a club mates tarmac this morning, kitted out with DA and Roval 40mm carbon wheels, the only thing I can say was WOW!!!!!!

It was very stiff, very light but also very comfortable, think I would consider one now.
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • JesseD wrote:
    Not a Spesh fanboy but I had a ride on a club mates tarmac this morning, kitted out with DA and Roval 40mm carbon wheels, the only thing I can say was WOW!!!!!!

It was very stiff, very light but also very comfortable, think I would consider one now.

All of that JesseD and you can ride it like you stole it as Specialized are awesome for customer service and lifetime warranty. They have always looked after me and sorted any issues I've had out on all my Specialized bikes, both road and mountain flavour. :D
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    Sweet build, Really nice, congrats.

One day I'm going to own a pair of lightweights. Just not any day soon...

Just out of interest what made you choose an sl4 over a 15/16 Tarmac? I'm assuming it wasn't a cost issue
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • TurboTommy wrote:
    Sweet build, Really nice, congrats.

One day I'm going to own a pair of lightweights. Just not any day soon...

Just out of interest what made you choose an sl4 over a 15/16 Tarmac? I'm assuming it wasn't a cost issue

Yes, I recommend them (Lightweight wheels) to anyone! Mine are great! A real pleasure to cycle upon!

Again, yes, you'd be right. It primarily came down to colourway. I love orange! That and there wasn't much difference between the framesets in my opinion other than the whole (rider engineered) Specialized marketing and loss of external seat post clamp.

Just swapped the saddle over today to the Power. I'll put some more pics up in a bit.
  • Quick update with the saddle swapped over. Mowed the lawn too as it's the first day of spring! :lol:

DSC_0214.JPG

DSC_0212.JPG

DSC_0204.JPG

DSC_0207.JPG

DSC_0209.JPG
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    No plans for an SL5?! (I have a 4 and a 5, on Meilensteins!)
  • matt_n-2
    matt_n-2 Posts: 581
    Noice.
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
    Italian steel winter hack
  • No plans for an SL5?! (I have a 4 and a 5, on Meilensteins!)

No such thing as an SL5, but I know what you mean.

No, no plans to procure one. I don't see the point or like the colourways. What will I get? An internal seat clamp &...?

If anything I'll buy a Lightweight Urgestalt frameset or maybe see what else I fancy but already have numerous bikes; all of which tend to act as show pieces / dust magnets.