Bike choice? Heeeelllpppp!

mockneygeeza
mockneygeeza Posts: 3
edited April 2016 in Cyclocross
Ok everyone, it's my first post here as I've just joined (please take it easy on me) .. I have a cycle2work voucher on its way for £700, now normally my workplace allows us to only use them in Halfords, which put me on the Boardman path. Unfortunately someone liked it more than me and decided to take it from outside the gym. Anyways... I have now found out since, there are quite a few other retailers I can use my C2W voucher.

Back on topic, for a number of years I've been torn between MTB's & Road, I love a bit of off road, nothing major like flying down the side of a mountain but still off road, so I've always opted for a Hybrid.

Last year I spotted a CX bike in CyclesUk in Romford and fell in love with the idea, so my question is.. For the said £700 mentioned above, do you have any suggestions for a good entry level CX?

I've researched the Marin Lombard and the Marin four corners (the latter being marketed as a tourer) I'd love to hear some suggestions from you guys on here. So I can see what bikes I can actually get hold of.

I await your replies with keen interest.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    The Boardman CX Comp is probably the best <£700 CX bike. You can find others that might have a slightly better spec for the cash (i.e. discounted last years models such as the Cannondale CADX) but a lot of shops (especially large retailers) will only sell you a bike at full RRP on B2W.
  • I did spot a 2014 BM team CX? I'm sure that was discounted to £700 I think... Thanks for your speedy response. I'll take a look at your choice.
  • lux666
    lux666 Posts: 18
    Hi, have a look at FORME CALVER CXS CYCLOCROSS BIKE on ebay item number:191759783066, carbon forks, tiagra for 560£.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    There's plant x - not sure if they take your voucher. I used cyclescheme with them and was allowed to 'top up' over the value of the voucher. Anyway, this is 800: http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXLDNRIV ... al-11-bike Marketed as a road bike rather than cross, more of a ' do it all' road bike. Nice spec for the money.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.