edited March 2016 in The bottom bracket
don't know how long i've been awake, wound up in an amazing state

off to the gym
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning folks,
    Reasonably pleasant wobble in to work this morning, touch blowy but not bad at all. All set for a long day in the office dealing with fools. At least they keep my life marginally more interesting than it would be without them. Good weekend has been had so I will try and keep my head down and have some kip today. Fat chance!
    Onwards and upwards...
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    sunglasses are still on and yes I am a rock star
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    Suns out but without the warmth, legs are sore from yesterday's reliability ride, conf calls and ISO stuff to sort.....

Lunch is eaten early doors so now I have to fast until this evening................
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    It took about 5 miles to get my legs warmed up on this mornings ride in (TLW take note...) - what happened to yesterdays spring has sprung day?

More corporate hamster wheel fun today but thankfully only one meeting and the bosses are out of town.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Sick as a dog, won't be leaving the comfort of my bed. Laters.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Not long now... ha ha.

Lovely day. Sore after last night's 2 hour moon lit effort. Now off for a sleep.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    It took about 5 miles to get my legs warmed up on this mornings ride in (TLW take note...)
    I'm practically at work by that point. I'm always too hot for the last mile in winter. I don't warm up until I've cleared Kingston, then I'm in the park which is a few degrees colder than the surroundings. Then by the time on the final stretch I've warmed up and the air temperature is higher.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Lovely day. Sore after last night's 2 hour moon lit effort. Now off for a sleep.
    Bloody cyclists, get some lights. :twisted:
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,231
    Been out on site this morning and now need to get my PC back to normal after having windows reinstalled.

Early night tonight and possibly a ride in the morning.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Bloody cyclists, get some lights. :twisted:

I have a bank of 3 x 60 lux Smart lights on the front - as bright as they come for plain battery lights*. Despite that, some f*cking inconsiderable, miserable, careless w@nker decided not to dip his headlights coming along a long straight road at me and I had to stop. 'Moon lit' just indicated the time of day. :roll:

*Very impressive, if you anyone is interested and inexpensive too.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    It took about 5 miles to get my legs warmed up on this mornings ride in (TLW take note...)
    I'm practically at work by that point. I'm always too hot for the last mile in winter. I don't warm up until I've cleared Kingston, then I'm in the park which is a few degrees colder than the surroundings. Then by the time on the final stretch I've warmed up and the air temperature is higher.

Couldn't cycle today as it's hard to carry a new tv on my bike

Probably working locally tomorrow, so I will cycle - but it's only 11 miles each way :(
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Probably working locally tomorrow, so I will cycle - but it's only 11 miles each way :(
    Can we do the 'Roy Chubby Brown' intro chant in your direction now? :wink:

Update on the day - Stropteen has announced that she's going to a gig at Brixton academy in a few weeks time. Wonderful place to let a small bunch of 13/14 year olds wander round on an evening so guess who will be doing free taxi work...has anyone ever heard of a band called Pentatonix? They must be crap as I've never heard of them.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Update on the day - Stropteen has announced that she's going to a gig at Brixton academy in a few weeks time. Wonderful place to let a small bunch of 13/14 year olds wander round on an evening so guess who will be doing free taxi work...has anyone ever heard of a band called Pentatonix? They must be crap as I've never heard of them.
    I'd have asked the boy, but he's out. I just Googled them to have a listen, only lasted a few seconds before I had to turn it off. Now listening to a bit of Siouxsie to exorcise them and I'm Spellbound.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'd have asked the boy, but he's out. I just Googled them to have a listen, only lasted a few seconds before I had to turn it off. Now listening to a bit of Siouxsie to exorcise them and I'm Spellbound.

I bet that sounds like a bunch of screaming banshees.

I'll get my coat.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I had a quick check and yes, they're shyte but what did I expect. I listened to the Macc Lads to compensate. "Sweaty Betty" :D
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Can we do the 'Roy Chubby Brown' intro chant in your direction now? :wink:

Oddly I've lost weight
  • Stevo_666
    You won't be as fast downhill now.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The boy and stopteen, a match made in heaven? Watch this space....
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The boy and stopteen, a match made in heaven? Watch this space....IN THREE YEARS TIME

FTFY
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The boy and stopteen, a match made in heaven? Watch this space....IN THREE YEARS TIME

FTFY
    Whoops
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You won't be as fast downhill now.

New bike to compensate
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

FTFY
    Whoops
    I'd have asked the boy as he may have heard of them. The only modern band I can think of that he likes is Slaves. They are rather good, unlike that racket Stropteen in into.
    As to the rest of it...NO, just plain NO.
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

FTFY
    Unless V98's name is 'Adam' I don't think he would be interested anyway...which reminds me - now Stropteen is starting to go to gigs etc, it's only a matter of time before I need to invest in a hockey mask and a meat cleaver for when I answer the door to potential 'suitors'.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

FTFY
    Unless V98's name is 'Adam' I don't think he would be interested anyway...which reminds me - now Stropteen is starting to go to gigs etc, it's only a matter of time before I need to invest in a hockey mask and a meat cleaver for when I answer the door to potential 'suitors'.

You need some lines like "No one saw you arrive".
  • Stevo_666
    I quite like 'I've got a shotgun and a shovel and no-one knows you're here.'

I suppose eventually I'll stop trying to re-enact 'King Canute and the tide' and accept what's going to happen with good humour:
    https://youtu.be/poFodwAwmp4
    Take note for just over 10 years time...
  • pinno
    I'll make sure I won't have an Intercom installed.