New

colinreid
colinreid Posts: 3
edited March 2016 in MTB beginners
I have started cycling for about 4wks now. Would you say cycling 3x a day for an hr with a break is too much?!

Comments

• oxoman wrote:
    Welcome to the forum. Quite possibly in answer to your question, but a lot depends on how hard your cycling during this time and your general fitness to start with. It may be once a day for longer time and riding a bit harder is better for you. Only you can tell how you feel after riding, when you do something to much it can become tedious or no doing you any good so build in rest days. Have a look around a few of the previous posts as well.

Thank you! I don't cycle too fast and I weigh in at 10 stone. But I do have 1 or 2 rest days and I might try and cycle for longer the next time!
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Fewer longer rides would be better. As long as it doesn't turn in to a chore it's all good. Keep it fun and get some variation in your routes.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    As an indication of effort, how far do you go in an hour? Is that on road or off?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Fewer longer rides would be better. As long as it doesn't turn in to a chore it's all good. Keep it fun and get some variation in your routes.

Very True.

I stopped riding for a while because I was getting tired of going the same old routes time and time again.